Firefly Glen the finite and the infinite
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,951 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Some part of her knew it shouldn't happen like this. They should talk about the future they envisioned for themselves and with one another, make certain they were compatible beyond their cutesy little romance thus far. It should be a happy moment, much anticipated and long in planning, the summer sun shining down on them and their faces aching because they couldn't stop smiling at each other as they entwined their lives.

Meerkat gently pushed these thoughts away and reached for him once he uttered his quiet, "Alright." Her forelegs wrapped awkwardly around him as she pressed her cheek somewhere between his throat and chest. She didn't make a sound, though tears sprang to her eyes and slipped down her face as she thought, again, of Toad. She swore to herself that she would never take life for granted, nor this man in her arms.

Subtly wiping her face into his comfortingly soft fur, Meerkat slipped back to look into his face again. "I didn't mean to be gone for so long," she said a little thickly. She didn't mention the scare with the bear at the caldera, nor make excuses about losing her way in the snowstorm. "I'm glad to be back here, with you..." Her voice trailed off for a moment before she quietly asked, "Did I miss the burials?" Where had they laid Toad to rest? And Desdemona? Were they here? Moonspear? Or somewhere in between?
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
the finite and the infinite - by Meerkat - January 14, 2021, 08:50 PM
RE: the finite and the infinite - by Atlas - January 14, 2021, 09:37 PM
RE: the finite and the infinite - by Meerkat - January 14, 2021, 09:50 PM
RE: the finite and the infinite - by Atlas - January 14, 2021, 09:59 PM
RE: the finite and the infinite - by Meerkat - January 14, 2021, 10:11 PM
RE: the finite and the infinite - by Atlas - January 14, 2021, 10:17 PM
RE: the finite and the infinite - by Meerkat - January 14, 2021, 10:21 PM
RE: the finite and the infinite - by Atlas - January 14, 2021, 10:26 PM
RE: the finite and the infinite - by Meerkat - January 14, 2021, 10:35 PM
RE: the finite and the infinite - by Atlas - January 14, 2021, 10:51 PM
RE: the finite and the infinite - by Meerkat - January 14, 2021, 11:03 PM