and i know how to work the spells and charms in it
i know them all
1,610 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Warrior
Master Missionary
All Welcome 
merrick went down from the glass-cave where ursus had settled;
here he marked along the mountain's base, facing off toward the sea in a curious manner. one day he would go, but that day was not today, and the bearwolf prowled along the edge of the new claim, leaving tufts of his red-cream hackles tangled into the treeline.
367 Posts
Ooc — Mai
Away
OOC: This should be good! <3 Note that she is closer to where the glacier and mountain meet. 

Keyni had ventured away on another outing. Being productive was her forte. With Kukutux and Lote both expecting, she felt it prudent to up her game, to assist the mothers to be in any way she could, for when the big day came. 

She was intently on the trail of a red fox. Injured and limping, judging by it's scent. The slight off twist of it's paw prints was a further clue that it was limping. Mercifully, she would end the creatures suffering when she found it, offering the fiery pelt as a gift to either of the pregnant women.

Ahead, snagged on the spindly branches of many trees, were indeed, tufts of distinct red fur. Her jadestone eyes squinted. No, the consistency wasn't right. And the scent was distinctively wolf. He wasn't alone. Many others congregated with him, forming the stakes of a claim. Surprised by this discovery and so close to the glacier which she had passed, Keyni stepped lightly, un-willing to press any closer than she already had. She woofed softly, ever courteous in announcing herself.
this is my book
i know them all
1,610 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Warrior
Master Missionary
high alert and higher violence; merrick lifted his head slowly and regarded the stranger with an expression of unbridled bloodlust shining from the single eye.
a beautiful creature to be sure, though the bearwolf found himself to be thinking only of how he might sully rr pretty throat with crimson;
"do we have new neighbors already?" he purled low in his throat, stepping forward to tighten the inches of space between he and she.
367 Posts
Ooc — Mai
Away
In a single sweeping glance of the fire hackled, dark man, Keyni was able to get a good read of him. She was a little taken aback to notice he was missing an eye. But being infamous for her cool composure, her expression remained even and smooth. He radiated intensity, and not of the good kind as his voice furled forth.

The plume of her tail gave a swish. "It would seem so. I hail from a pack to the south, beyond your mountain." She edged around giving out an exact name or location, due to the prickle of her skin he invoked. "A chance meeting, but it is better sooner than later, so that we might respect our space." She said with diplomacy. As he edged closer, her stare didn't waver, nor did she. Though cautious, the tundrian was hardly rattled by a little intimidation. "Have you been settled long?" She asked, trying to attempt the atmosphere conversational.
this is my book
i know them all
1,610 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Warrior
Master Missionary
a well-spoken woman, without an iota of threat to her. merrick sharpened. but it would be poor sport for his first at silvertip, such an innocent. such were best saved for his final repast; anything before was only meant to whet him.
respect our space.
merrick grinned. "not long at all. but this place — it is of great importance to who we are." voice casual, warm even, though the single eye sought to prying around the edges of the woman, for anyone with such a nicely formed demeanour had a way in which it might break.
367 Posts
Ooc — Mai
Away
Keyni was easily dubbed as soft on the exterior. It was an easy placement, with her plush fur and wispy, bold markings. Her jade eyes and ever calm air only amplified this impression. Others had mistaken her as weak before. On her end, she had been lucky in that she had not had to reinforce their misjudgment. She could be pushed and pushed, but only so far.

"I will keep that well noted. Remember this area well and pass it on." She offered. Pack both clung to their pelts. If he was as perceptive as she thought, he would get the message. That word would be shared amongst her kin, to keep them from accidentally coming too close to his borders. Or not, should he not wish for a single pack wolf to go spreading word of Ursus so soon. His declaration made her dark tipped ears prick. "Would my new neighbor be so open as to sharing their identity with me?" She asked for neither a name or the title of his pack. She would take what he willingly would give.
this is my book
i know them all
1,610 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Warrior
Master Missionary
"bruin-witch." so far north, he did not think his name had been heard. but perhaps it had, and merrick wished to keep ursus concealed until they had been transformed. a beautiful coat of ash to sustain them. 
he watched the woman hungrily. "and yours, lady of the ice?" merrick urged pleasantly enough, body slackening until he disarmed himself before her eyes. his bloodthirst shelved for now, the bearman sought immediately toward her finer details, seeing what he might glean from any tendril of scent. "we should all know who gave us such a kind welcome."
many wolves. the taste of mountains, wrapped around her as it had not yet settled about him. a tint of snow.
367 Posts
Ooc — Mai
Away
She cocked her head to the side, soft brows pinching. Making for a contemplative, if not somewhat cute expression on the Tundrian. "Bruin witch..." She repeated, testing the name or title on her tongue. "I can't say it is one I am at all familiar with." The curious gleam in her eyes projected the seeking question of it's meaning. The bear worshipper would only share if so inclined.
"Of course. It would be unkind of me not to extend the same courtesy." She dipped her head, politely. "I am known as Keyni. This is but my second year residing in the wilds. I am a non native, hailing from the far distant north."
this is my book
i know them all
1,610 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Warrior
Master Missionary
"keyni."
nothing to indicate that she too sought to deceive. "a beautiful name for a well-spoken face." merrick did not know the art of flirtation, and was firmly devoted to his blackbird.
but the loveliness of the other was undeniable, and in it, a weakness perhaps to be pressed upon.
"what brought you to these wilds?" merrick asked, stepping forward with a friendly wave of his frayed plume.
367 Posts
Ooc — Mai
Away
No deception. No flirtation. These simply weren't characteristics that aligned with her nature. And if she ever did choose to bring them into play, it would be within good reason. The flicker of the bruin witch's initial hint of malice was nearly forgotten. But not quite. "Hm, thank you. I have found that my diplomacy has served me well, so far."

He stepped forward, and she allowed this. In turn she side stepped inquisitively, pressing her muzzle out just enough for a deeper sample of the assortment of the scents of others clinging to his self. She would not make contact, keeping one alert ear pivoted to wisely show her guard. "Ah, that is a...bit of a long story, that one. To simplify it, it was a symbol. Breaking free from that which did not represent who I truly was." Her family, their culture. Their traditions and expectations of her. A lifestyle she refused. "And what of you, Bruin witch? Are these your native soils, or no?"
this is my book
i know them all
1,610 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Warrior
Master Missionary
keyni spoke truly and vividly, committed to each word. each tone of hers was a missive, and merrick greedily ate whatever suppositions he could make about the woman.
she tested him, for she knew he did not yet belong.
the alpine wildflowers and dark forests of pine were tangled into her aura. merrick thought her world must be well established.
"i am on a pilgrimage," merrick told her grandly, the single eye glinting directly into her own measured gaze.
367 Posts
Ooc — Mai
Away
Behind her, she grew keenly aware of the sun beginning to dim. Time soon to consider putting distance between herself and this man whom she had not fully judged, yet. His simple reply tugged at her curiosity, prompting her to ask. "A pilgrimage? Your first?" His origins of his former home in Bearclaw Valley were lost on her. A place she had been fortunate enough never to have visited, while Ursus resided there. She tacked on lastly. "I hope your journey brings you what you hope for."
this is my book
i know them all
1,610 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Warrior
Master Missionary
"for now."
the pretty woman was diplomatic. "i hope we meet again, lady of the mountains." merrick's voice was a soft, intimate teasing, on a level he had not warranted.
when she departed, merrick would watch, and then turn back, taking a circuitous route to ursus.