Lion Head Mesa [ap] I'd rather have the right man, than the right wedding.
an hour of wolves and shattered shields
2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger
ruenna was direct.

germanicus did not know why he was caught off-guard, and yet he was.

it showed for a milisecond of vibrance in his sun-yellow eyes. perhaps the self-deprecating chuckle gave it away as well. but he did not have an answer for her. he knew how he felt. and he had watched crowfeather look at him a thousand times. the shadow's gaze was never guarded.

he thought of the young wolf now, lying in the imperator's own room which had been made into a sickbay for the present.

"i thought i knew." he did not mean to be so open and yet he did. the relief of it was overwhelming. "it is not unheard of for a young fighter to want his instructor. and that was all i believed it to be. so i did not respond. and have not." there was some part of him uncomfortable with the age and skill that separated he and the shadow.

another pregnant silence. 

"but when i found him after the saints had done their work, i discovered that my own bias in the matter had been compromised." his voice was stoic. "i do not know who he is to me. or who he wishes to be," he reiterated. "i think it best that i do not."

a fellahin approached. germanicus recognized the man as sayf, the pale coyote with knowing golden eyes. he refused the offering of pungent berries offered by the man. ruenna was offered the same. the servant flicked his gaze over them both and drifted away gracefully. the eagle was grateful for the distraction. "crowfeather would enjoy seeing you. that is, unless the thought of going inside such a place is as daunting for you as it is for me." a wan smile played upon his lips.
Messages In This Thread
RE: [afterparty] I'd rather have the right man, than the right wedding. - by Germanicus - November 14, 2021, 03:45 PM