Serpent Lake dulce
Riverclan
Sharpfang*
820 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Ambassador
Private 
for @Arsenio <3

somewhere in the last storm, belen and her father had gotten separated. she did not much think of her mother; she expected zaira to be with him. the girl shivered as she trudged through the snow, but it was more to herself than anything. the glassblue eyes swept the ever-growing drifts. belen frowned. maybe the old bastard had meant to leave her here. he was a mean snake, came the ironic thought as the yearling traveled the nearby river, headed north.
Raventhorpe
NPC
676 Posts
Ooc — Teo
The snow crunched underfoot as the redstone guard ventured beyond the mesa and into the wild terrain. He had many thoughts in his mind, but the primary was finding someone who would replace Tamar as the queen’s servant. For a short while, he had considered the woman Qiao. His meeting with her had been intriguing and had not left his mind.

As Arsenio crossed toward the water, his winter blue gaze fell on a slim figure. She appeared to be traveling to the north, following the edge of the water as she went. The Greek drew his head up and followed her path with his gaze.

It took only a few bounds before he had closed the distance between them. Once near enough, Arsenio chuffed to the unfamiliar shape to announce his presence. He searched her frame to see if she would stop to humor him.
Riverclan
Sharpfang*
820 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Ambassador

the stranger was not missed. he was fuego against the snow, a lick of fire. belen stiffened as he approached, her fur standing out near catlike. the man was larger than her, with hielo eyes. "buenos tardes," the girl mumbled. "i am looking for my parents. zaira and neizan. have you heard these names?" belen tried not to stare as she spoke, finding the contrast of his gaze and his coat almost overwhelmingly bright.
Raventhorpe
NPC
676 Posts
Ooc — Teo
The girl met him with a glassy blue gaze. The darkness of her coat was like a cloak that draped down her back, concealing her to shadow more than snow. The creamy highlights were masked by the snow that had gathered on her hairs and dappled her in a series of white freckles. Arsenio thought she looked slim to be on her own in the dead of winter. When she mentioned her parents, he shook his head.

It is too cold to be out alone. You could seek refuge where it is not so bitter, hm? I belong to a place on the mesa, he gaze flicked toward Akashingo. If you walk with me, I will feed you.

Guilt surged inside of him. He had found a girl lost from her parents and his instinct was to lure her back to the Pharaoh as a prize. Arsenio couldn’t allow it to matter to him. He needed to set Tamar free.
Riverclan
Sharpfang*
820 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Ambassador

belen narrowed her eyes as the man began to speak. she was sheltered, and the offer was tempting. but he was also a stranger. "ay, you think i am just going to walk with you?" she groused, stepping back as her accent thickened. but her odd eyes darted over his shoulder, toward the mesa. "what is akashingo? you have food there?" belen asked skeptically, her shoulders hunching against a sudden cold lap of snow.
Raventhorpe
NPC
676 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Arsenio snickered at her response. At least she wasn’t brainless.

It is a place for desert dwellers and royalty. You would be welcome.

Of course, he was not certain that the girl would wish to be set to work the way the other Fellahin were. She was new to him, unknown. The Greek man did not wish to make promises until he had gotten a taste for what she was like and what she could offer. The girl had lost her parents and he had just so happened to stumble into her path. Fate, or opportunity, the mercenary was not likely to squander it.

You can come with and if you think I’m unsavory, I won’t chase you if you run. The ice of his eyes danced with the premise of his offer. You can eat and see Akashingo and then make a decision. How could a lone wolf deny such an offer?
Riverclan
Sharpfang*
820 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Ambassador

belen looked around as the man spoke. her father did not appear, and neither did her weak mother. the girl's brow furrowed again. they had not told her to stay here. in fact, they had not said much to her at all. "all right," she said slowly, untrustingly, after a moment. "i will come and eat and make a decision." royalty, he had said. "you have a rey, then? a king?" belen was interested, though she hoped it would not be readily apparent. "what is your name?"
Raventhorpe
NPC
676 Posts
Ooc — Teo
The man’s smile spread wider as she agreed to go with him. She said she would eat and make her decision after. Arsenio did not mind. As long as she could be taken there and shown to Ramesses and his bride, that was a start. 

A king, yes. He is called Ramesses and his title is Pharaoh. I am Arsenio, a guard for his wife, the lady queen Satsu. 

The Greek man searched her. 

What is your name?
Riverclan
Sharpfang*
820 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Ambassador

arsenio. ramesses. satsu. these were all names that did not seem recognizable in their brilliance. the girl sniffed and nodded. "I am belen torres." she was still distrustful, but the promise of a good meal and shelter from the snow were beginning to force her consideration. "are there other guards where you live?" belen asked, preparing to follow where arsenio led.
Raventhorpe
NPC
676 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Belen Torres, he repeated to her with a nod, his accent thick. It was not a name he’d heard before but there had been many of those in his travels. It suited her well enough. The redstone guard nodded his head and turned to point them to the mesa. His chest was tight as he began making a path for them to travel on. 

There are others. We are called the Mazoi. You will meet them too if you like. She could meet them all, he didn’t care. If Belen would take the place of Tamar, Arsenio could take her away and he would never need to think of Akashingo again.
Riverclan
Sharpfang*
820 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Ambassador
last for me! feel free to tag me in her presentation thread whenever!

the mazoi. this place had several interesting titles. with each step, the painfully sheltered belen began to shed her fear and gain a new curiosity. she asked many questions as she and arsenio walked. belen's paws did not feel so cold now. her teeth chattered between her many words. and her glassblue eyes were bright. surely father could find her in akashingo.
Raventhorpe
NPC
676 Posts
Ooc — Teo
The two figures walked together toward the mesa.

As they journeyed, Arsenio thought of Tamar and the freedom she would know. He thought of leaving Akashingo and journeying to the Roman soldier’s palace in the mountains. The thought of dwelling among red rock and canyonland was promising. There would be many places for denmaking. These thoughts washed through his mind, but the man answered any questions Belen had about Akashingo and what she would find there.