Barrow Fields spirited
318 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
i think moonglow is traveling along the coast so maybe somebody from there? but anyone is welcomed :)

she cut sharp and hard across the land after her dalliance with asmodeus. his scent faded from her coat but the memory of him still fresh in her mind. it had instilled some sort of mischievousness in her. to drift around these lands like a will-o'-the-wisp and see what she might find.

were all the men such large northern beasts? what were the women like? what of the packs and groups?

she had much to learn and so many places to learn these things from.
Fear is the heart of love
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
<3 if someone from moonglow hope in, totally fine ofc!

It was always something. The night of the storm had left its marks on her, but the deepest of them was Mireille. She'd searched but found nothing, and now, as she walked across the barren field, she carried the weight of that acceptance. If their daughter was going to come home, then she would find her own way. There was nothing here to track.

Nieve returned, just to be replaced.... no. The pirate stopped in her tracked and shook her head, frustrated by the confusion that suddenly took her. That wasn't right.

The truth would have to wait, though, as the sight of a stranger whisked all of those thoughts away. Rosalyn stared at them unkindly, not all that interested as soon as she'd clocked that it was not her daughter.

She should ask, but she did not. Outsiders had never been of help before and she'd already given up the chance. The cut was too familiar, and too raw, for her to allow optimism to spur her forward.
318 Posts
Ooc —
a ruddy woman arrived with an unkind gaze on Jorunn.

the wisp of a woman did not particularly enjoy this, but she did not let it scare her off. not yet, at least. she respectfully shrunk her body some.

have i stepped onto your lands? she had not smelled markers, but Jorunn was no stranger to the nomadic ways of life or how some had claimed hunting grounds.
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
She didn't know? Rosalyn's suspicion sharpened. Either the woman was messing with her or she was wholly unfamiliar with the area. It wasn't fair, but the pirate's judgement was harsh and she had little patience right now.

This place has no claim, she responded curtly, though she did notice that the woman did not present a threat. Quite the opposite, actually.

Nothing about this woman struck a familiar chord. You are new to the area. Why are you here? There was no apparent reason for her to claim any rank over this stranger but Rosalyn still asked in a way that was more command than question. She did not move closer, but stood her ground, still staring.
318 Posts
Ooc —
why is anyone anywhere? i am adventurer, i travel free and see lands. northern norwegian tinged voice offered her response, mellow and respectful in her tone.

you know of these lands claims, you belong here...? as much of a question as it was an observation. the woman smelled of the sea, thick with the brine of it.
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
The other wolf was extremely patient in the face of her (rather rude) abruptness. Rosalyn huffed, but some of the icy edge she'd begun this interaction with began to soften.

Our claim is there. Sapphique. She gestured her muzzle over towards the cliffs. You haven't crossed it, but it is good to know what is happening beyond our borders also. If she had been traveling with others, Rosalyn would have only been threatened if they'd sought the cliffs themselves. Sapphique was too well established to be toppled, even by a neighboring pack.

If you are looking to remain on the coast, we could offer you a place. Her composure was impressive, and the fact that she was a woman only gave her more benefit. There were only some who enjoyed the ocean's nearness, however.
318 Posts
Ooc —
i think i tangled my timeline between rosalyn and erzulie but i’m playing it vague to make it work since jorunn ends up there later anyway!

cliffs, there. sapphique.

she planted it in her mental map as she let her dark copper eyes rove the coastline that she could see from here. ears pushed towards the direction of the woman who set an offer out for jorunn. she could recognize this act of kindness despite the icy face it came from.

i am adventurer. she said with a thin lipped smile. demure. i wish to map more before i settle, but i thank such kindness. do you have a name to call if i show?
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
I figured she couldn't now since this is an older thread <3 no worries! Whatever works with your timeline

She wasn't bothered by the decline. They had enough numbers to thrive through the winter, and if the woman was a wanderer it made sense she would not want to settle without exploring first.

Rosalyn. If you change your mind, come find us. The claim would be clear enough if she kept the cliffs in mind.

She tipped her head in farewell and turned, preparing to go back to the cliffs if nothing else was said.

It wouldn't be until she was most of the way home that she'd remember her purpose in being out. Caught up in recruiting and conversation, she'd forgotten Mireille entirely.
318 Posts
Ooc —
closing up! i'd love to have a new thread with them sometime :D

rosalyn.

and despite jorunn's rejection, the woman still offered her the spot should she change her mind. the woman may have been carved with stone, hardened by battle worn scars, but there was undeniable kindness beneath. at least such had been presented to her.

they would part ways — jorunn with a smile on her face as she stared towards the fading figure and cliffs with whimsy in her eyes.