Dragoncrest Cliffs in a tidal wave of [m]ystery
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,952 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
His familiar voice sang back to her, letting her know he was on his way. Meerkat inhaled sharply, smiling in anticipation. While she waited, it faltered when an intrusive thought forced its way to the forefront of her mind. "I will fight this man for your honor." Another she-wolf—her own mother, for instance—might've loved the idea of two men fighting over her. But even with the sexist implications aside, she loathed the thought of Issorartuyok trying to hunt down Njord and harm him.

Surely he could hold his own, though just thinking about it reminded her of his bruised face. It seemed well on the mend when Njord appeared just then, her unwelcome thoughts vaporizing at the sight of him. The instant he came within reach, she stared at him for the length of a heartbeat before flinging herself at him, graceful forelegs snaking around his neck as she pressed her nose to the corner of his eye. She left a kiss there, then released him and stepped back.

Maybe soon, they wouldn't have to miss each other like this. But for now, Meerkat could only murmur her agreement. "I've missed you too. How are you? Any word on Mireille?" There were so many things piled up inside her she needed to toss onto the table, but she wanted to simply linger in his presence for a few moments before she grabbed his hand and took that plunge.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
in a tidal wave of [m]ystery - by Meerkat - January 06, 2022, 01:27 PM
RE: in a tidal wave of mystery - by Njord - January 06, 2022, 05:56 PM
RE: in a tidal wave of mystery - by Meerkat - January 06, 2022, 06:15 PM
RE: in a tidal wave of mystery - by Njord - January 06, 2022, 10:16 PM
RE: in a tidal wave of mystery - by Meerkat - January 06, 2022, 11:29 PM
RE: in a tidal wave of mystery - by Njord - January 09, 2022, 05:13 PM
RE: in a tidal wave of mystery - by Meerkat - January 09, 2022, 08:53 PM
RE: in a tidal wave of mystery - by Njord - January 10, 2022, 01:06 AM
RE: in a tidal wave of mystery - by Meerkat - January 10, 2022, 10:03 AM
RE: in a tidal wave of mystery - by Njord - January 10, 2022, 05:47 PM
RE: in a tidal wave of mystery - by Meerkat - January 10, 2022, 06:50 PM