Dragoncrest Cliffs deeper than any forest pri[m]eval, i am in love with you
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,954 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
She didn’t think she’d be able to fall asleep, not with this pleasant energy humming in her veins. I love him… and he loves me. It was incredibly sappy, but Meerkat clutched this knowledge close to her heart. Despite that, she drifted, jerking minutely when Njord’s voice broke through the rainy hush.

Opening her eyes halfway to look into his in the dim, she felt her heart flutter all over again at his question. She took a few minutes to ponder, her insides going molten as Meerkat thought about what it would be like: going into her first season; making love with the intention of making life; then carrying his children; and eventually bringing them into the world.

I just hope they like me, came an unbidden thought, which Meerkat quickly discarded before it could befoul this moment. Well, I hope they’ll listen to me when I tell them to go to sleep, she joked, huffing a laugh and pressing her nose against his cheek, feeling the gentle cut of bone there.

When she spoke again, it was a bit more earnest. I daydream about them. I think about whether they’ll be boys or girls; what they’ll look like; what we’ll call them. But I don’t care about any of that. I just want them to be happy and healthy. I know that’s a cliche, but it’s true. And I know we’ll both do everything to love them and keep them safe.

That’s all they could do, right? Meerkat had never felt shortchanged about her nontraditional family, though she wondered what it would be like for them, being raised by two parents who were, quite frankly, disgustingly in love. She actually snorted quietly at the thought, which reminded her to plant yet another kiss on Njord’s muzzle.

What about you? What do you think, she whispered, taking shameless delight in tacking on, husband-to-be?
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
RE: deeper than any forest primeval, i am in love with you - by Meerkat - February 10, 2022, 10:25 AM