Noctisardor Bypass neun welten
Rivenwood
Den Mother*
606 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Fisher
Ecologist
All Welcome 
Regardless of whether she returned home alone or with a fresh recruit in tow, Druid’s focus returned to feeding @Witch and @Laurel. Holding a fish tightly in her jaws, she made her way through the arches and roamed into the center of Rivenwood. She kept her eyes, ears and nose open for any sign of the two.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
you're the unbreakable heart
948 Posts
Ooc — Iris
It was hard for Laurel to resist going to Ursus every day. It helped that her shoulder was in such a poor state. She just wanted to get the children back. Merrick could've killed Indra by now, she realised; especially her most precious child wasn't safe there.

When Druid approached nearby — at the edge of the forest, not far from the lagoon — with the scent of fresh meat, Laurel chuffed to let her know her whereabouts and guide her towards Laurel. Laurel hadn't been back to the den since the raid; it was no longer a home to her. Honestly, none of Rivenwood was, but it also held the only wolves who still cared for her. She couldn't just leave, and if she did, it would have to be with the others.

Laurel was reminded of the last time Druid had brought food. For the children. They were little, then. They'd talked about Druid watching them sometime.
Rivenwood
Den Mother*
606 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Fisher
Ecologist
She would rather the fish go to her sister, though when Laurel woofed to announce her location, Druid didn’t hesitate to pad in that direction. She approached the woman with a rather blank expression, mostly due to the fish in her mouth. Druid set that down after a moment and nosed it toward Laurel.

There’s more where this came from, she commented, pausing before sharing, I was distracted by a strange she-wolf at the creek.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
it wasn't long before witch realized her sister was back from a hunt, her scent growing stronger on the breeze. though they spent more time apart now that they were older, the raid had reinvigorated witch's need to be near her flesh and blood. so she ceased whatever daydream she was wrapped up in and followed druid's scent trail, just in time to catch "...a strange she-wolf at the creek?"

though the scent of meat made her stomach growl, witch asked with her usual exuberance, a she-wolf? what was strange about her?
members of rivenwood are welcome to minorly powerplay witch for continuity and cohesion; please just tag me! i will do my best to jump into tagged threads as often as i can.

current age ·

may 24 eyes open
may 27 milk teeth come in, begin weaning
june 3 standing & walking
june 8 ears perk up, play fighting begins
june 11 hearing & more teething
june 16 leave den accompanied
june 23 first words
july 7 eyes begin to change, limited vocabulary
july 14 allowed to be outside but close to den w/o supervision
july 17 allowed to roam pack territory w/o supervision
august 4 rapid growth begins; start losing milk teeth
august 12 fluent speaking
september 1 eyes fully transition to chartreuse
december 12 "young adult"
february 12 enter adult ranks
march 12 first heat
948 Posts
Ooc — Iris
As Druid dropped the fish and nosed it towards Laurel, she took a few bites. She wasn't really hungry — it'd been hard to focus on taking care of herself since the disappearance of her children — but she took a few nibbles anyway while Druid mentioned seeing a strange wolf at the creek. Oh? Laurel asked, but before she could elaborate, Witch showed up and asked the question on Laurel's mind.

Laurel nosed the rest of the fish towards Witch, silently offering her the food. She wasn't all that hungry herself, anyway.
Rivenwood
Den Mother*
606 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Fisher
Ecologist
Her expression changed considerably when Witch materialized. She smiled softly at her sister, tail slowly wagging. Druid silently approved when Laurel nosed the fish toward Witch. She folded her gray haunches, taking a seat as she considered the inquiry.

When I greeted her, she accused me of wanting to steal food. Her name was Kas and she was on her own, so I thought about seeing if she might be a good fit for Rivenwood. But she kept being rude, so I decided it was a waste of my time. When I said my goodbyes, she just kept following me… it was strange, Druid repeated, brow furrowed.

With a flick of her snout, Druid discarded that topic of conversation. Has anything happened here while I was away? she wondered in a slightly brighter tone, knowing that no news was good news.

It looks like Witch went inactive and Druid is leaving, so did you want to post once more and wrap this, @Laurel? :)
948 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Strange, Laurel agreed with a nod. Then as Druid asked if anything had happened here, Laurel shook her head. Things have been quiet, she said, almost a little dejectedly. She'd hoped Sequoia would've had more success so far, but to no surprise of Laurel, all wolves just seemed selfish and unwilling to help them.