Dragoncrest Cliffs what good is it now
408 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
All Welcome 
backdated to the 26th!

Her journey continued, and Seq’s nose took her to the coast. Incidentally her place of birth, though she had long since lost any sense of sentimentality toward the cliffs. Another pack, another chance at finding somebody who might help her get Indra and Abel back to Laurel. She could only hope things were quiet and calm in Rivenwood…

She arrived just before sundown, eyes scanning the area for any sign of movement. Before she had a chance to call out, she spotted movement and waited a bit longer to see what (or who) approached.
No longer speaks Trigedasleng regularly.
318 Posts
Ooc —
jorunn saw very little rest these days, keen to be the eyes of sapphique.

and so it was her who spotted the stranger woman on the fringe of their claim. perhaps they had intended to call for somebody specific, but they would be greeted by the pearl instead.

a soft sweep of her eyes along the woman. briefly entranced by the colors of her.

why have you come?

soft spoken, but straight to the point.
408 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sequoia did not have to wait long for the approacher to reveal themselves. A woman (bless), and one who was quick to get to the point. The Rivenwolf would waste no time in answering.

My name is Sequoia. Two children have been stolen from my pack. I am seeking help in their safe return. I cannot offer much, but I assure you I will repay any debt that is owed. Again, she did not know what these wolves would consider a fair trade, but she was willing to bargain what she could.
318 Posts
Ooc —
it was not her place to make these calls, but her heart ached for the woman before her — for the wayward children.

i cannot say what we can do or can't do, i am not leader.

an apologetic look as her brows furrowed. half tempted to offer herself as a helping tribute. except her life was no longer just her own. if she vanished, sapphique would know

i can call, though. they are kind women, they will know what to do.
408 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sequoia’s hopes rose at the other’s words, especially when she mentioned “kind women.” Those were exactly the type that Sequoia thought would be good to have on their side. No men, she reminded herself.

Thank you; I would like to speak with them. Could you call for them? she asked. Perhaps it would be better for one of the pack’s own members to summon the leadership anyway.
318 Posts
Ooc —
a soft nod of her head and a polite smile given.

her head tossed over her shoulder as she summoned a sound for @Erzulie or @Chacal — that they had a guest who needed them with important matters on their borders. no signs of threat or harm in her voice about their guest.

only an eagerness to see this woman helped.
1,689 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Master Guardian
jorunn called and erzulie answered. she had recently returned from sacrarium and her own body was beginning the steady dance of impending contractions.
twice she was forced to pause on her journey, and arrived more slowly than she had intended. the obsidian turned her two-toned gaze over the intriguingly hued woman at her borders. "i be erzulie." her gaze moved to jorunn, wondering.
[Image: F0ZZHqZ.png]
408 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
The girl called, and another answered. The voice sounded older, but it was the appearance of the woman that solidified her maturity. She was as round as Sequoia had been close to a year prior, and she thought of Witch and Druid then. Her own children who were safe and sound while Merrick was (likely) doing unspeakable things to Abel and Indra.

Your friend here tells me you may be of help. My name is Sequoia, and two children from my pack have been taken from us. Their mother is a dear friend of mine, and I am looking for anybody who can help retrieve them. I am willing to repay you in any way I am capable. He could steal your children, too. She thought it, but she did not say it.
318 Posts
Ooc —
her toes flexed in the ground, eating up earth between her toes as the sea mother arrived. the spotted woman quick to explain the situation once more.

surely erzulie of all would understand this situation.

soft and whispered, she leans to the leader's ear as if advising a council. instead it is more as if she was offering a sacrifice.

i offer myself, if you think of none others.
1,689 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Master Guardian
there were no others and this became rapidly apparent as the stranger spoke. chacal was a new leader and rosalyn was not fit to leave the cliffs. her children were not yet grown and she would not send them to fight an unknown pack. 
and she herself — her status was clear.
jorunn spoke; her breath warmed the shell folds of erzulie's ear. 
"are you certain?" she murmured back. they knew little of this conflict, only what had been said. for a moment her attention belonged only to the pearl.
408 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sequoia watched the girl whisper as the wheels turned in Erzulie’s mind. There was little Sequoia could do but wait to see what they decided, and she did so patiently, despite her eagerness to move on if they could not help. There was much more ground to cover before she would return to Rivenwood, and each day that passed without the return of Abel and Indra was another that Ursus had their paws on the children.

She still fully intended to find the mountain where Wintersbane had relocated his pack and ask them for help. And if there were any Redhawks, Frosthawks, or Blackthorns left in the Teekons, Sequoia thought she might be able to ask them, too. Would Eljay even remember her after all these years?
318 Posts
Ooc —
her heart thundered in her chest, the roar of the sea. to offer herself to some heartstring cause so boldly!

only if you can afford me, she breathed in response, not one to overstep erzulie's rule here. i promise to come home.

she would not lose herself to a cause not of sapphique.
1,689 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Master Guardian
for the second reminder to herself, erzulie was not oblivious.
but in this second it felt as though she might have been.
it was a quiet stunning, something felled across her expression to reveal surprise. "then i accept, if you be meanin' to accept."
with effort erzulie set her eyes back upon the stranger. "jorunn will go wit you." pledging so swiftly and so suddenly to a cause she did not even understand save for the way she had been caught off-guard.
408 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
They whispered among each other, and then Erzulie made her intentions known. Or rather, she made Jorunn’s intentions known. Jorunn, Sequoia repeated, committing the name to memory before returning her attention to Erzulie. We are indebted to you. I will make sure she returns to you. Sequoia had assumed they were mother and daughter, however right or wrong she may be.

Eyes back to Jorunn. You need not leave immediately. Head south when you are ready, and you will find my friend, Laurel, and my daughters—Druid and Witch—there.

And back to Erzulie. Is there anything you ask of me? Some favor I can provide while I seek out more who can help?
318 Posts
Ooc —
she need not go now, but, ah. would it not be easier to? the sooner she went the sooner she might return, the sooner children might be found.

something to discuss with erzulie.

who she gave personal space back to, eyes fluttering between the sea mother and this woman. her own time to speak had come and gone.
1,689 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Master Guardian
we can play out the hunt or this can be last round :D

"you are de mot'er of druid an' witch. de be friends to my daughter, mireille." she found the tension ebbing as she looked on the woman as another parent. "a hunt of farewell. you an' jorunn, i t'ink," she said, knowing she would be of little to no help in her current condition. "we will share it."
"you are free to rest here before you travel home," erzulie offered, tail swaying at her hocks.
408 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sequoia had not known of her daughters’ friendship, but knowing it now stayed some of the nervous energy she had built up about asking this girl to fight for their cause. She gave the first smile since she had arrived here, glad that they had their children in common.

I intend to continue to search for aid and travel west. I do think a night of rest would do me well. And a meal, of course, she said, grateful for the offer. Sequoia did not wish to overstay her welcome, and she was still uncertain how they would repay Erzulie and Jorunn, but she felt hope growing.

i’m good closing here!
318 Posts
Ooc —
closing! <3

come, she offered to sequioa with a soft smile.

i will show best hunting and place to rest. if the woman agreed, jorunn would play host until it would be time to leave.

perhaps speak with erzulie before she headed for this woman's children and friend.