Redsand Canyon You've only known the ones who leave at dawn
an hour of wolves and shattered shields
2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger
nothing was the same. of course he could not expect it to be so. he had left crowfeather in grief and now the shadow stood here riddled with it. even if germanicus could not see the tears he understood the way the younger wolf tilted his head away.

an answering lump crushed his own throat. "i am sorry i did not come. that i have been gone so long." he wanted to say the other's name aloud but feared it might hold a scorching nature he would otherwise not unleash.

the tactician's mind then, racing to puzzle the details, the times, the largesse of travel that crowfeather had undergone to reach the canyon. he did not need to look at the young wolf's hind leg to know that great pains had been suffered on this journey. 

"let me help you," germanicus said, and despite the anguish twisting from the shadow like the thorns of a bitter crown, he made to adjust his shoulder and his flank against that of the other. the intention was support. he could not be sure it would be accepted and yet he knew he wanted to give it all the same.

they would not go to the tablinum. if the other could walk only somewhat further, germanicus would guide him to a backtrail which would empty at the oasis. 

and if he could not, if he pulled away, germanicus too would place space between their bodies. 

the hope rested as his movements ended.
Messages In This Thread
RE: You've only known the ones who leave at dawn - by Germanicus - April 08, 2022, 06:26 PM