Big Salmon Lake i had to burn everything that i was just to come back like a phoenix
666 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Medic
Missionary
His jaw tightened after the words left his mouth. He hadn’t intended to say that and risk offending the two women in front of him. But he couldn’t quite bring himself to feel apologetic or regretful. Caracal wouldn’t take them back.

Teya wanted him to play a part in Sorana’s life. There was a plaintive look in his eye as he peered at his dad’s wife. Yes, he wanted to know his little sister too. Part of him wanted to protect her from their father. But much more powerful was his desire to get the hell away from here.

Maybe, he said, noncommital despite his yearning, then quickly added, I have to go.

Caracal began to turn, ready to flee the area yet again. He would have to pay more attention next time he came anywhere near the caldera, so he could avoid this entire situation and all the terrible emotions it awoke inside of him. He would not be back to meet his sister, he realized. He wanted to avoid anything that reminded him of Reyes.

This time, he had the presence of mind to glance over his shoulder, at Bridget in particular. She was, unfortunately, collateral damage. He apologized with his eyes, then tore his eyes away to face forward. He ran.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
RE: i had to burn everything that i was just to come back like a phoenix - by Caracal - May 31, 2022, 04:14 PM