Wheeling Gull Isle you oughta know
141 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Away
All Welcome 
Blueberry had vanished for a bit, following the wisps of a trail that she thought bore a slight scent of her Vesper.

What could she say? She was desperate.

But it had come to nothing, and she returned to the island with tail between her legs, only to find it near-deserted, the myriad scents whittled away. Breathing slightly faster, she exited the sandbar and called for @Heda, brows drawn together in concern.

She wondered if the priest's little enclave had caved in during her departure. And had she been a contributing factor? Nevertheless, she paced the beach, worried.

It was cold, but the sun shimmered upon the waves.

Her waves. Her home.
Rivenwood
Den Mother*
listening
1,196 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Birdcatcher
Master Missionary
heda was forming a plan. it had come to her in a night spent alone. she did not intend to leave. she knew the lay of the island and what it offered; she knew the birds and the prey and the plants. and when the snow came, she could go underground, to the lions den.
blueberry's voice came as a relief all the same. heda came trotting quickly, windblown and frazzled and desperate.
and overjoyed. 
if the pale wolf allowed, she would embrace the other woman fiercely. "it's good to see you."
141 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Away
You, too, Blueberry whispered, nuzzling back. The two of them were stalwart against the icy oceanic winds, lone figures upon the mountain. What's happened? Did everyone. . .leave?

She was tempted to leave, too, to find others that called to her more fervently.

But the island called to her. And Heda called to her, to her surprise.

She stood firm, looking at the pale woman, wondering what she would say next.
Rivenwood
Den Mother*
listening
1,196 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Birdcatcher
Master Missionary
*stays vague*

heda nodded. "for now. i told bartholomew to — go elsehwere. i'm not sure if he will." she inhaled. "i don't know if he wants to stay."
her eyes found blueberry's features. "but i'm not leaving."
and then; her lipbit and a glance toward the sea.
"i'm done moving. i think — i think i want to be a mom. raise them here."
and it was the first time she had said it aloud.
141 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Away
She'd never been sure about Bartholomew, and his weird religion. Or the other zealots that had followed.

But she did have faith in Heda, who had helped her in a material way, a physical way. Upon the young woman's news, she grasped to each word, and smiled at the end.

You want to have kids here, Blueberry repeated, nodding. As long as you stick around—I wanna help you. I wanna make sure whoever's on the island is happy. That it's not. . .

She struggled for the right word.

That it's forever, for them, Heda, she managed, throat tight. That it'll be there for them, no matter what.
Rivenwood
Den Mother*
listening
1,196 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Birdcatcher
Master Missionary
whatever she had expected, it was not blueberry's firm talk of loyalty. her eyes burned with tears; her throat with them also.
"thank you," she whispered. "i know — i know that we can raise them strong here."
the ocean gave. the island provided. god whispered gently in the wind above.
that it was forever. her breath caught and she went to hug the other woman once more.