Redsand Canyon Everyday words seem to turn into love songs
62 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
Private 
Many aspects of Mereo were now different. @Germanicus saw a new vision, and the works of change had begun.

One thing Alstroemeria was unsure of, what how exactly the imperator saw these changes unfolding. 

What better way to know than to ask the question herself? Where do you see Mereo moving from here? While often times she was skilled in reading others, this man was a mystery to her. 

In a way, she felt obligated with keeping on track of every move he made. Not so much in a sense of manipulation or treachery, but to ensure the right decisions were being made and he wasn't toppling over himself to hold high to the standards of others.
an hour of wolves and shattered shields
2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger
germanicus worked hard. today he sorted and stacked furs from the common area. he had gone to each cache and filtered them as well, discarding what had rotted and what could be brought.

they would hunt again once they had gone to the south.

"for now, i think only in the present, lady alstroemeria." he paused to wipe a sweating brow. "my focus is keeping mereo safe while we travel. after that, it is hunting. and after that, it is as the imperatrix said. we must become a fortress." there was a renewed energy in his mind.

"i would like to attract more married couples to mereo, or those who wish to marry. a settlement is made stronger by children. do you have any thoughts on how to achieve this?"

it was such a departure from who he had been, and yet he welcomed it.
62 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
Germanicus thought for the present. It was smart, but somewhat lacking all the same. But everyone had their own ways of operation. 

Safety is important. Above all other things, this was one thing she would always agree with. But to become a fortress, we require further numbers. We have a few youth and inexperienced with us as well. There are only so many capable and willing to train... again, numbers. Another thing she would be insistent upon. The two coincided closely. 

But as you suggested, marriage and children will aide to achieve this goal.

He asked if she had any ideas. At first, Alstroemeria was dumbfounded. But she would take a minute to think on it, rather give him no answer at all.

Perhaps speak to Mereo as a whole. Promote the idea and importance. Purposeful pairings could be an option as well. Suggest different partners and let them figure out for themselves how they choose to proceed. There was another option as well. Not all supported it, but maybe Germanicus might. I have seen places where men also take two wives. It isn't the most common thing, but it is possible for those who are open to it.
2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger
"that is a very heathen practice, domina." germanicus could not quite cut the dryness from his voice.

"most soldiers spend a life in the field, away from any other. they are not aware how to talk to one woman, let alone multiple." now the arid edge to his voice felt something like humour. "i am not a matchmaker, lady alstroemeria. but it sounds as though you might have experience with it."

the imperator paused. "i would like to think of incentives for marrying and producing children."
62 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
A heathen practice indeed, but perhaps a necessary one.

I can understand your concerns, imperator. But if it comes to that, it may be one of our only options. They were limited, after all.

Alstroemeria knew the struggles of isolated men. She had lived with them. So, naturally, she could understand that the soldiers may have a difficult time adjusting... let alone taking that first step.

I do not ask you to be a matchmaker, She could almost find his statement humorous, but this was a conversation opposite to that. It is not anyone's place to force a pairing. But we can still suggest it... and yes, as you say, incentives are a possibility. What did you have in mind? If anything.
2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger
another wife!

germanicus felt stuck upon the jutting ridge of this she had so calmly suggested.

"first choice of densites. perhaps a higher rank, given that the imperatrix agrees." he surveyed the scarred lady before him and helplessly wandered back to the first offer.

"are you saying i should take another wife, domina?" germanicus felt rather shaken. he had never seen its necessity and it was almost repulsive.

but with the exception of glaukos and reyson, there were only boys in mereo.
62 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
Incentives. He presented her with options. One peaked her interest; something she could build on.

The promise of a higher rank is possible. Maybe even leadership ranks meant for couples? To which they are ranks only couples could achieve.

Then they were back to the idea of trio marriages.

Perhaps not you, specifically. A small, concerned cock of her head followed. You seem distraught by the idea. Was he? Or did the query maybe suggest he was interested by the thought.
2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger
germanicus smiled tightly. "it is a practice for the less-enlightened," he said.

if there was offense taken he would offer apology, but he meant it.

the imperator was ruled by tight codes. "what would these couples be leading?" he asked, moving their conversation onward.
62 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
Not everyone shared the same ideas or beliefs. Alstroemeria would have been a fool to believe otherwise — but she was not.

No offense was taken when Germanicus admitted his feelings on the idea. All have their own beliefs, and are allowed them. And it was no one's place to suggest it should be any other way.

As for the idea of coupled ranks, she couldn't quite yet provide any specific ideas. I must be honest ... I do not know, Ali frowned a bit, frustrated with herself in this moment. The idea was a bit spit-balled. Deciding this might be better placed in the paws of yourself and the imperatrix. It wasn't that she couldn't come up with something eventually, but something like rank changes weren't quite tasks set for her status.

I am only a discens. Leading a pack isn't quite my specialty, nor my place. That is best left to you both, respectably. She wouldn't step out of her place. It wasn't her usual way. Certainly, she wouldn't start now.
2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger
germanicus smiled. "you are a good advisor, lady," he said quietly.

and so she was. he found himself considering all of her wise words, appreciating each in turn.

"i must return my tasks. we will speak again," he said, though remained open to her parting remarks.