Sleepy Fox Hollow tiny tin feet on tiny tin soldiers
15 Posts
Ooc — box
Joining 
She came from the north, protected by the wind via the furs stretched across her back. Only one was her own, the thick, waterproof fur of a beaver slung across her shoulders, the rest were product.

May knew her job, knew what to do and how to do it and exactly when and where to say what she needed to. For that, she needed a base. A central location, with many wolves around but not too many in the place she wished to set up so she could keep her secrets.

The golden woman arrived on the borders with a polite expression already on her face, her body language loose and languid. She was not here to challenge, merely to see what was up. See if they wouldn’t mind her trading if she gave a cut to them. The winter sunlight warmed her pelts, keeping her quite toasty underneath them all, but she didn’t allow the almost uncomfortable heat to bother her. She just stood, for a time, before sending up a polite, business like howl.
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
when he came, it was so see a strong woman wearing a pelt as he had not seen before. his stoneflower eyes took her in, this imposing man rendered quiet for a moment.
"this is paleo and i am its advisor, mahler," the gargoyle said in his usual gruff tones, ones that did not match the warmth upon his face.
15 Posts
Ooc — box
The man who greeted her was an older fellow, handsome but greyed, and she dipped her head in respect to the other. He introduced himself as Mahler, and she was quick to respond.

I am Mayblossom, a trader from the north. I deal in the tanning, preparation, and sale of pelts. She demurred quietly, giving her fair tail a little wave.

It is nice to meet you, Advisor Mahler. Could you perhaps tell me more of Paleo? It had never been good to be harsh to her elders, and Mayblossom had always been so unerringly polite. Outwardly.
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
this maybloom was direct and respectful. she offered at once her trades, including one of which he had never known: tannery.
"it is a small pack led by myself and my vife. ve specialize in guardianship, tracking, and farmvork. i am also a midvife by long trade."
mentioning such reminded the man of what was to arrive, and how jealously he must guard his borders soon. with emmerich and siku, however, still boys another hand of time, he would have help.
"ve have possession of a certain coveted plant, vich ve trade to a pack in the mountains called mereo." mahler was enjoying himself, despite the way he had grown inward over the past months.
[Image: 2711649b07fc604164cb120b1b417fa3cf47bccc_00.gif]
15 Posts
Ooc — box
Mahler mentioned trade, and the thought pinged about in Mayblossom’s head. Trade.

Hadnt she been thinking of trade?

I can also put in the trade of my furs, if you would allow me to stay, advisor. She offered, before reaching around to pull down one of the pelts.

Wolverine, a beastly little thing she hadn’t killed, but she had taken the raw product and turned it into something to be proud of. 

I am willing to offer one of these to you, as collateral.
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
mahler took the pelt gratefully, turning it over. it was finely made. "how did you come by this?" he asked in curiosity.
he slung it over one broad shoulder and invited the trader over the borders. "and how vas it made?" if mayblossom meant to stay and help, mahler wanted to first know the secret of such work.
15 Posts
Ooc — box
She smiled to see the pelt pull across his shoulders, satisfied in the way it moved and rippled with the light.

A hunter to the far north, the beast was raiding caches and nearly took one of the youngest among them with it when it died. They were happy to be rid of the thing. And she was happy to gain a new product.

A mix of things. Stretching the pelt out with rocks after it is skinned. Adding a herb mixture to it to cure. And then, I roll it with a heavy stone to stretch it out. She blinked.

To get it correct, though, is to get your paws dirty. The herb mixture requires.. She tapped her own head.

The matter in here. Taken from small animals, or the one you are taking the skin from.
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
mayblossom continued her direct conversation. mahler gained many details of a trade he had never considered. many might give good things for a well-done pelt. he smiled inwardly, wondering when exactly he had become so mercenary.
"as i am a doktor by trade, i have set up a pharmacy in the ghostvood. it vill be available freely to you, for the stores you vill need to gather as vell as anything you may need."
he was rather fascinated.
15 Posts
Ooc — box
And just like that, May had a deal. She was quite chuffed, preening to herself beneath the calm, direct veneer. She gave a dipped head, a nod of respect to the older man.

If you or anyone of Paleo ever have need of a pelt to be cured, I will happily do so with no charge. I do larger animals too, but they are not so easy to carry. At that, she smiled, just a little bit, an easy joke.

If only she had some way to carry more. Imagine the deals she could make!
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
"i appreciate that." he glanced about. "voud you care for a tour, mayblossom, or shall i leave you to your own devices?"
his amethyst eyes shone; he would be pleased to do either.
what a valuable trade he had secured for his pack.