Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,943 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
All Welcome 
Winter rain drummed on the roof of the ulaq and set the wind chime tinkling. Meerkat shifted on the soft deerskin laid out on the dirt floor, eyelids heavy. It was very cozy and warm in the den despite the February temperatures. She yearned for sleep. But with the pups leaping around her swollen belly, she could only catch snatches of it before rousing again, groggy eyes peering out at the rainfall.

Anyone’s welcome but I wanted to ping those she hasn’t met yet for attention: @Tullik, @Elentari, @Kannoyak and @Nasamik! :)
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
167 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Rain fell steadily, but Kannoyak was not deterred from his hunting.

The white wolf had ventured down the mountain and had chased prey through the trees of the surrounding forests. He had run until his legs were weary and his lungs were winded. When he had understood that his limits had been reached, he collected two rabbits, a beaver, and a white-furred stoat in his teeth. The trek back to the mountain was rough on his paws. When he arrived, he was ready to deposit the prey where it would be most used.

At one of the ulaqs that had been made, Kannoyak paused. He did not dare to stick his head inside. A small grunt was made to announce his presence.

Would you like food? he asked gently.
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,943 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Her eyes were about to drift shut for the nth time when she thought she saw a pale silhouette approaching the ulaq, distorted by the sheets of rainwater pouring past the den’s mouth. Meerkat smelled the scent of fresh meat, amplified by the moisture in the air, and her mouth watered. Perhaps Sialuk was bringing her something to eat.

But the low pitch of a man’s voice startled her more awake. Meerkat sucked in a breath and sat up a little straighter, squinting at the wolf standing just outside the door. He was large and white, with purple eyes that veritably glowed in the gloom.

This must be one of the many wolves who’d joined recently. Sialuk had mentioned their names, though she couldn’t recall them at present. Feeling much more alert now—and even more aware of the delicious odor of fresh food—Meerkat nodded.

Yes, come in out of the rain. I’m Meerkat, she said.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
167 Posts
Ooc — Teo
The white hunter had woken her. His ears fell to his head in apology.

The woman was not hesitant with her generosity. She was quick to agree and even offer the man a place inside, out of the elements. Kannoyak lifted his head to the storm and smiled. It was good to know such kindness from the woman. Even as a stranger, she had extended her space.

Gentle and light on his massive paws, Kannoyak moved in and out of the gloom. He placed the prey at her paws so that she could enjoy it without having to move. When his eyes had adjusted, he noted that her shape was round with children. It must have been an exciting thing. He smiled.

You are expecting. This is a great joy. May happiness and good hunts come with their birth.

The man dipped his white snout to the ground.

Oh, but she had introduced herself and he had not returned with his name. 

This one is called Kannoyak. It is good to meet you, Meerkat.
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,943 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
The strapping stranger stepped inside, dripping water on the packed dirt floor. Meerkat paid this no mind, most of her attention riveted on the carcass he set at her feet. She did have the good manners not to start chowing down without at least exchanging a few more pleasantries with the man filling her ulaq.

It’s nice to meet you too, Kannoyak, she said, enunciating his name carefully. Doubtless he hailed from the north, with a name like that. And thank you! For the blessings and the food, Meerkat said, grinning before pulling some of the meat toward herself and finally indulging.

She took a few bites and hummed her pleasure as she chewed and swallowed. If she couldn’t sleep, she must fuel herself another way. Meerkat didn’t mind this method, though her eyelids still drooped with fatigue.

Tell me about yourself while I eat, she urged after a moment, eyes meeting Kannoyak’s purple gaze for a moment before she continued glutting on his gift.