Lion Head Mesa For the record, if I don't make it out of here, don't put me down for mummification.
30 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
All Welcome 
The mazoi that had come along with him now rested within the barracks, which itself was situated a distance from the palace proper. One of his attendants stood at the door to a spacious subterranean room, whale-eyed and lightly trembling. The other had been sent on their way to acclimate to the halls and to learn best from the native fellahin of Akashingo, so that they could best attend their prince. In time these servants would switch places.

The soothsayer was standing in the hallway. Nobody spoke, not until Lady De Vries had shown them to the room and left them to their adjustment and their rest; and it was at that time Harakhte leveled his ignoble gaze upon the advisor as if to say, hold your tongue. The man did, of course. He knew better than to offend his prince even if it felt blasphemous to be here, in the bowels of the earth.

Rather than take out his fears and frustrations verbally, as he was wont to do, the priest snapped at the fellahin's hips, and hocks, and urged them to get inside the room. Someone had to suss out the dangers, and he was not interested in doing it himself! Neither could they call upon their own mazoi, as they were not present. So off the fellahin went, scurrying to every corner, sniffing and shuffling, until they came back around to the door and bowed their head.

Well? Speak! The soothsayer all but hissed; Harakhte grew quickly tired of the tone of the man's voice, and the dramatics of it all, so he shoved both aside to enter without waiting. A slight roll of his eyes was all the fellahin noticed as they were heaved towards a wall.

The room was spacious and well tended; there was dust, but it was red and impossible to cleanse from the room, as it was fine stone powder. There were clean furs the likes of which Harakhte had never seen before, piled and arranged for a bed. Segments of worn stone along the farthest wall could have been a shelf. It was fine accomodation.

The prince chuffed, serendipitously cutting through the soothsayer's own throat-clearing as he was preparing to let fly his tongue. After a strangled look, the stooped man scowled and turned to remove himself. He had his own quarters to investigate and Harakhte did not need to be watched at all times — no matter what he had been taught. The fellahin took the cue as well, and departed with a hasty retreat.

Leaving the prince alone, to stretch and to breathe, for the first time in many weeks.
16 Posts
Ooc —
hiya— hyacinth again :D

The visitors had only just settled, each going their own way. 

Hyacinth had intended to leave them to rest in peace, but not until after they'd had everything they needed or desired. 

Stepping the path that led to main chamber she had presented to the divine man, Hyacinth carried a warm, filling meal within her jaws. But she would not happen upon him there, only before.

Pausing a step or two away, she carefully set the have upon the stone beneath her paws. I hope you do not mind me visiting so soon... I had thought maybe you would like a meal brought to you. I can only imagine your travel has struck great hunger. She spoke with great sincerity, eyes twinkling in the light that shone upon her.
Akashingo
Pharaoh*
immortal longings
633 Posts
Ooc — anon
first half of post is written as co-written @Jawahir !  *COMPLETELY HIJACKS FOR A BEATRIX THREAD*
The fellahin hurried quietly down the halls. All quarters had been prepared for the impending guests, some already having arrived. The furs had been fluffed and each part of the room that could be dusted had been so. They left long enough to let the prince and his company have a moment to themselves before the riches and grandeur of Akashingo were placed upon them, little by little. Firstly, fine meats would be brought to the prince.

It was this they and other fellahin brought now, though it seemed a nebet had arrived first. Jawahir, mindful of their place, did not speak their mind of this. Arriving, Jawahir lowered themselves in a bow, as they knew they must. Rising only after an appropriate amount of time… Instead, they spoke what they knew to be true: The Queen Apparent, Muat-riya Isetnofret "Toula", of the Red Serpent, summons you to the throne room once you are feeling rested, and have eaten, Prince, she starts, and then she looked to the Nebet. She seeks your presence now, Nebet, if you would accompany me. @Sayf will accompany you, she finished, dipping their head once more, the fellahin following suit.

Toula had much work to do, they felt. Good though their heart was, the palace needed more than only that to run smoothly. What would Ramessess think, and want of them? They could not abide being in service to their own present Pharaoh, but perhaps his youngest daughter could be better guided… and inspired. 

Toula was elated! she had heard that the first prince of faraway lands had arrived. Toula knew how important these next few months would be, down to even this day! she had been cleansed thoroughly, and now was pressed with the scents of myrrh, cinnamon, cardamon; some things brought and traded from travelers!
groomed to perfection, the only thing left for her to decide was what she and her ladies might wear. but for now, she only had one! Medusa was now a Hemet, perhaps praying for her as she thought this—at least she had @Beatrix! oh! where was she? she hoped that @Jawahir would be swift in the finding of her, so that they might get ready together!
30 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
He was alone for moments, it felt like. A breath. A beat of his cold-blooded heart, at best. There came a shape at the door and Harakhte turned to witness the arrival of someone tall-eared; he thought, do my fellahin not listen? A moment of idling frustration. It was gone as swift as it arrived, as he realized it was the Lady come to wait upon him! She brought a meal; this was below her station, surely.
A kindness, already! He began to praise.
There was another who came swiftly after. This one he had never seen before — but their like, which populated the lower echelons of the world, he was intimately familiar with. The stilt-legged woman was of course, a servant. They came and bowed, and had words to spare.
A name, a vast title, and orders not only for the Lady, but the prince! How mighty this amiir must be to think it wise to command guests in this way. He only smiled that same toothsome, warm look he had spared beneath the arch.
If the Lady would forgive my departure, he murmured for the nebet, as he swept carefully around her and the offering, to the door. The awaiting fellahin would lead him to this queen-apparent; as he moved, he made no attempt to tidy himself, and would arrive in a state of rugged disarray.
Once outside the throne room, the prince would wait.
16 Posts
Ooc —
fading here!

Before too many words could be shared, the nebet and Akashingo's recent visitor were sprung upon by Jawahir. 

Ears tilting back slightly, she offered a small nod to the man. My timing was not so grand. An apology; not as apparent, but one nonetheless. 

Pardon. A farewell of her own as she was led in another direction by the fellahin.