Pledged
Dragonspine
861 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Midwife
Sitter
Master Tracker
All Welcome 
Masquerade carried a dead groundhog to the rendezvous site this morning. They hoped to avoid the other adults and enjoy breakfast with their siblings. Whatever else was going on with the rise, they were all mourning the loss of their mother.

They stood near their beloved evergreen at the edge of the clearing, dropping the carcass at their feet and calling out to @Mulherin, @Redsky and the others, including New Snow’s daughters. The Caru welcomed any hungry pup to partake in their kill.
MATURE CONTENT WARNING: Graphic violence is a common theme in this character's threads. Reader discretion is advised.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Redtail Rise
Berserkr*
244 Posts
Ooc — April
Starved, the Bearn was quick to heed his Caru’s call.

His father—the relation unknown to him—had not visited in numerous days. Familiar faces were disappearing faster than he could realize.

Anytime Masque calls, a weight is lifted. If they were to leave too, he would be in shambles. 

They are the other half of all he knows.

Today, they’ve brought a meal. In a race to be first, he hurriedly makes his way over and begins to eat, before his enthusiasm withers and ebbs away from him. Glumly, he releases and glances up at Masque.

Hesitancy, then

a quiet, whispered plea.

Don’ leave.
[Image: 3-F65-E08-A-A70-E-4-B2-A-BE3-E-C6805-BA727-B2.png]
Pledged
Dragonspine
861 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Midwife
Sitter
Master Tracker
Mul came first, falling upon the food as if ravenous. The Caru’s tail waved before they folded their haunches and took a seat. They kept an eye out for the other pups, ears twitching to and fro as they listened to their younger sibling feed on their spoils.

When the sounds ceased, they glanced at Mulherin to see him looking back at them with heaviness in his eyes. Masquerade remembered the last time he’d seemed to grow melancholy over a meal and felt worry nibbling at them.

Their lips parted to ask a question when he spoke, catching them a little off guard with his plea. Masque blinked, then pushed onto all fours and moved closer to their younger brother. They stood right beside him, bending slightly to snuffle at his ear.

I only leave to hunt, they promised. I’ll always come back.

The Caru’s was important work, even if the pack didn’t respect it like they did the Fengtoth. Although this feeling weighed on Masquerade, they were determined not to let it interfere with their duties.

You could always come with me, they said in the next breath, when I go out. Would you like that, Mul?
MATURE CONTENT WARNING: Graphic violence is a common theme in this character's threads. Reader discretion is advised.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Young Hunter
79 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
Sky came over as the offer to come out hunting was made and before even eating any food, though he was hungry, he said loudly "I WOULD LIKE TO COME TOO!" The little boy would love to learn to hunt or even just watch. Then he started to eat alongside Mul.
Redtail Rise
Berserkr*
244 Posts
Ooc — April
He knew they had things to do. Places to be. Pups, including him, to care for. Their word was all he could ask for. 

And so, he took the Caru’s word to heart, and his unease would subside.

Sounds good. He replies with a nod, terse, grateful.

Sky breaks in, eager to join in on the prospective hunt and the current meal. Mul offers a wag of his tail and mouths at his brother’s ear in a friendly welcome. Then, he feasts alongside him.
[Image: 3-F65-E08-A-A70-E-4-B2-A-BE3-E-C6805-BA727-B2.png]
Pledged
Dragonspine
861 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Midwife
Sitter
Master Tracker
Sky chose that moment to appear, his shout piercing the still air. Masquerade cringed a little, then waved their tail at their other favorite little brother.

Everyone will get a turn, the Caru assured.

The boys resumed eating, so Masque stepped aside, sniffing idly along the ground as they moved away. They didn’t go far, finding a small divot in the ground where they settled to keep an eye on things.