Moonspear sweater weather
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,968 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Although Njord had planted the seed originally, the vision of their life in the copse had really flowered inside of Meerkat by now. All the same, she prepared herself in case he expressed any concerns about the timing. She vowed to keep an open heart and mind for this entire conversation, paying special attention to each and every word that left her husband’s lips.

He did caution her about the season, though otherwise Njord seemed just as ready to begin the next chapter of their lives. Meerkat’s eyes sparkled as she kept her lips firmly pressed together until he’d said everything he had to say on the matter.

The instant she sensed he was finished, however, she pushed a paw against his chest to stop him. Instead of saying anything, Meerkat first threw her arms around his neck in a happy embrace. When she withdrew, she couldn’t resist pressing a kiss against his other cheek this time.

I agree we should call Sialuk, then Orca and Seal. I’m sure none of them will be surprised, since they’d already spoken about this with each of them. I want the girls to know they’re welcome to come with us but that it’s entirely up to them. One way or the other, we won’t be far, supposing neither daughter dispersed to travel properly, which was a thought for another day. But on that note, The next time my mother travels this way, I can ask for her help in getting us settled. I think she’d like revisiting the copse.

But there was one point on which Meerkat intended to gently counter her husband. It was time to tell Njord the truth of the matter. Maybe it was the thin mountain air or, for all she knew, she might’ve developed an allergy to the evergreens populating the mountainside. She wasn’t a medic and didn’t seek to diagnose herself. She just knew she felt better at lower elevations. And despite the motes that gave their future home its name, she could breathe easier there.

Grasping his paw again, she caught his eye and told him, I don’t want to wait even one more day, Njord. Seal and I went to the copse the other day and I felt so much better afterward. Staying down here has helped too but I think I’ll actually recover more quickly there. She paused, gazes still holding. I want to go there today.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
sweater weather - by Meerkat - October 10, 2023, 10:11 PM
RE: sweater weather - by Njord - October 12, 2023, 07:10 PM
RE: sweater weather - by Meerkat - October 12, 2023, 07:37 PM
RE: sweater weather - by Njord - October 13, 2023, 11:08 AM
RE: sweater weather - by Meerkat - October 13, 2023, 11:37 AM
RE: sweater weather - by Njord - October 17, 2023, 10:41 PM
RE: sweater weather - by Sialuk - October 18, 2023, 09:05 PM
RE: sweater weather - by Meerkat - October 18, 2023, 09:29 PM
RE: sweater weather - by Sialuk - October 23, 2023, 04:43 PM