Sun Mote Copse Hello Friend
Moonspear
Councilor*
548 Posts
Ooc — Danni
All Welcome 
@meerkat or @Njord

He carried a message, but also gifts. A brace of rabbits, a deer hide and herbs. All starters for a pack in his opinion. He had known Meerkat and Njord were going their own way. And though he would miss them. The latter more than the former. He was proud of them.

He found his way to where the borders had been built and howled a song out to them all. He wouldn't cross until permission was given. For now he would wait.

i have hopes tou can use this for pack build eventually.
Sun Mote Copse
Laird*
942 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Historian
Advisor
Therapist
“Alaric!”

Njord had heard the other man’s call and wasted no time to greet him. If he was human, Njord would have man-shake-hugged Alaric and clapped him hard on the back.

“It is verrae good tae see you, my friend! Please, come in. You are always welcome here. What have you brought?” he asked.
Members of Sun Mote Copse are welcome to join all threads and power-play Njord (excepting injury or death) for cohesion and continuity, whether or not he's an active participant in a thread. Just tag me!

Moonspear
Councilor*
548 Posts
Ooc — Danni
His name rang out. Loud and hesrty. A smirk lit up his mischievous face. 

Njord!

A dip of his muzzle with laughter. It is good to see you too. I brought you a deer hide for you and Missus Meerkat, some rabbits to start a cache and herbs to stave any sickness.

They were all starters for a successful pack in his opinion, food, warmth and health.
Sun Mote Copse
Laird*
942 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Historian
Advisor
Therapist
Och, your kindness knows no equal,” Njord commended as he looked over the spoils Alaric had brought. “You are a true friend, and I thank ye.” The redtail looked to the winter sky. “Soon the snow will be here in earnest, and I ken these supplies will be verrae helpful indeed.”

He turned his blue eyes upon Alaric. “How have ye been fairing, my friend? How is Moonspear?” Njord asked.
Members of Sun Mote Copse are welcome to join all threads and power-play Njord (excepting injury or death) for cohesion and continuity, whether or not he's an active participant in a thread. Just tag me!

Moonspear
Councilor*
548 Posts
Ooc — Danni
A warmth trickled into his spine and chest at the words. And he realized he liked it here. He had liked to trade before for food, rest sometimes fun. Now he liked to share his good fortune with those he cared about it felt good.

You're welcome.

Alaric followed his gaze. The sky always grey and overcast as of late. He knew it was coming. That didn't make it any easier to bear. Winter could be rough. He worried for his two friends here on their own.

I am well. Still doing what I am best at. Moonspear is grand. Argent is out for hia bride price for Sialuk. We have strong bodies. Seal does well.
Sun Mote Copse
Laird*
942 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Historian
Advisor
Therapist
Njord was happy to hear Alaric was well. The man appeared satisfied with his position in the pack – and Moonspear was lucky because of that. He was a faithful and loyal wolf.

“When are Alaric, Sialuk, and Elentari to be married?” he asked. “Siauluk must have set a lofty price for her hand if it is taking him this long!” He laughed in jest. “Ah’m happy tae hear Seal is well. Have ye seen Orca? I was told she has been missing from the packlands,” his brows pinched, worried for his dark-haired lass.

Moonspear
Councilor*
548 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Alaric wouldn't have ever thought he'd be happy in the capacity of a pack wolf. However, thus far he was okay. If he was pushed he'd might not be. Or if someone showed interest it may cause him panic.

Alaric blinked. Honestly, I'm not certain. And I don't know what her bride price is. They all seem a bit lofty though. A way to test yourself as much as the intended and their family test you.

A soft frown and a fentle shake of his head. No I'm afraid not.
Sun Mote Copse
Laird*
942 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Historian
Advisor
Therapist
“Ah see,” Njord replied, the disappointment plain on his face. He had hoped Orca would have stuck close by and explored the local region when she dispersed. The father felt worried for her, though there was little he could do.

He exhaled a heavy sigh. “It never gets easier,” he commented in a melancholy tone. “Watchin’ em go an’ not knowing where.” If only he could chain them to Moonspear forever!

Njord rolled his shoulders as if to shake off the mood. “Meerkat an’ Ah have been doin’ well,” he reported. “The Copse’s winter has been mild, an’ we have our first recruit: a young man named Reki. We had hoped tae find another pair an’ raise our children together… but, ah, things often don’t go tae plan,” he laughed.

Moonspear
Councilor*
548 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Alaric fwlt his heart twist for his friend. A strange sickening feeling deep in his guts. He wished he could find her for him.

Alaric looked down. I don't know intimately from a parents perspective. But i do know from a friends and I kmagine it can be very hard. I'm sorry my friend.

Maybe you will as yet. It is only winter springtime is coming and it is a time of great promise.
Sun Mote Copse
Laird*
942 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Historian
Advisor
Therapist
“Ah thank ye, Alaric,” Njord said as he slung one arm around his friend’s shoulders and pulled him into a side-hug.

Then, they spoke together about the coming spring. “Ah hope so,” Njord agreed. Perhaps new pairs would form, find their way down to the Hinterlands, and join the Copse’s small village.

“Speakin’ of promise, Meerkat an’ Ah hope tae welcome more wee bairns in tha spring,” Njord said with a crooked grin. “It makes me happy tae be a father again, though Ah worry for her… Meerkat’s last pregnancy was difficult. Ah hope she’ll have an easier time this season,” he admitted.

Suddenly thinking of romance, Njord was curious if Alaric had any prospects. “Did ye ever meet Simbelmyne?” he asked with a curious glint in his eyes, unaware the woman had since left the pack. “When she joined Moonspear, Ah thought she’d make a fine match for you.”

Moonspear
Councilor*
548 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Alaric leaned into the hug, a smile in his eyes. Welcome.

Alaric listened calmly and smiled then. If it will ease your mind. And Sialuk doesn't need me. I'd be happy to stay and help where I can when this joyous occasion commences.

A click in his heart as it tightened, but he didn't outwardly show.

No I'm afraid I haven't. And if it is who i think it is scent wise. She has left.
Sun Mote Copse
Laird*
942 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Historian
Advisor
Therapist
“Left?” Njord replied as a frown creased his cheek. Perhaps, Moonspear hadn’t been able to provide what Simbelmyne saught, after all. It meant the moon village was one wolf shorter, and that could mean more difficult times for the mountain pack during the short, dark days of winter.

The man hummed in thought as his tail swished from side to side. “Ah’m sorry tae hear that,” he quipped. “Ah’d hoped she would’ve woven intae Moonspear society. She would’ve been a good addition tae for tha pack,” he reflected.

“We’ve been havin’ trouble finding wolves tae join us, as well,” he admitted. “Few travelers cross tha Hinterlands.”

Moonspear
Councilor*
548 Posts
Ooc — Danni
He noticed that Njord didn't take him up on his offer to come and help. So he dropped it. Putting it away for another day. He had offered and he would offer again before he left.

Alaric nodded his head. There haven't been many near thr moon packs either. I think most are holed up for winter. Perhaps spring we will get some able bodies for you. And the travel is not a hard one. I am here should you need help with anything.

He could come a day or two every couple weeks to help Njord fill caches and check on Meerkat as well. He didn't mind and he was able bodied it wouldn't tire him out too badly.
Sun Mote Copse
Laird*
942 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Historian
Advisor
Therapist
I hope you don’t mind if I fade and wrap this here!

The burgeoning Sun Mote Copse was lucky to have such strong ties to the wolves of the Moon Villages, and Njord was especially grateful for Alaric’s friendship. He almost wished to urge him to stay… but Njord would never deign to poach a wolf from the pack he had helped build upon the mountain.

That day, he would spend more time with Alaric to catch up with their latest news, speak of the upcoming hunt upon the plains, and make plans to see one another soon.