Two Eyes Cenote If anything, she's an undiscovered element
352 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Sorry this took me so long to put up!! Please let Sari post first, this is some night time trickster shit!

They used the cover of night to their greatest advantage.

Redbird and @Sari moved together until it became wiser to stop and to gather their bearings, and to go over the plan again; to make certain that neither would back down from this, Redbird reiterated that the people of this place were slavers, and that they had brainwashed many of Sari's kin to think they were happy with their lot in life.

They'll wanna git yew, so be quick — but be loud too, yeah? If yew can draw enough o' them away, I can sneak in. That was the whole plan. If it took them a few tries, fine. If it took them weeks, Redbird didn't care. If Sari got hurt or died in the process, she also didn't care — she only cared for Colt, who was trapped in this place.

She had to get him back.
The Tribe
Mediator*
246 Posts
Ooc — Harvest
Away
Editing this post because no one has replied to it yet (I know it's only been 3 days but I don't want to be thread-locked because I can't do anything until something happens with this). So I'm gonna have S'ari like, pop up, bark like crazy, then run away and try to get others to follow her away from the border. TO BE CLEAR, S'ari has NOT crossed the border, and therefore the 1d15 dice roll for injury does not apply here, as far as I know. Y'all can have someone chase her or no, or give injury if anyone replies, or whatever. But please no one capture her or kill her.

S'ari nodded silently, as serious as she'd ever been, as Redbird went over the plan again. She took a deep breath, thinking briefly of her family back at the Ravine, sending a silent plea of forgiveness on the desert wind, then got down on her belly and crawled forward. She needed to get closer to the Cenote first, then pop up and surprise them.

Once she thought she was close enough, she did just that, popping up and standing tall (for her tiny stature) and yip-yapping a very loud, very distracting coyote howl. In her mind, she thought, Be quick, red woman. When she thought she'd gotten their attention, she turned tail and ran as fast as she could, though the air felt like fire in her chest. She was not as fast as she had once been, made old before her time. Perhaps her strength would one day return. Perhaps not. But she could still run. Only... not for long.

[Exit, basically. If someone wants a separate thread with her where they chased her off, please PM/DM me, but don't do it in here, because I have left this thread. Thanks.]
"We are creatures of the desert..."
— S'ari resides permanently in the Lowlands and will never leave.
Adoptables
Muat-riya
Mazoi
281 Posts
Ooc — ebony
screaming coyotes; their ugly yipping annoyed khusobek.

he had strode in that direction some steps but the thing had gone.

the mazoi swore to himself and swung about, stalking back toward the spires of muat-riya as he searched through the darkness for any more.
352 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
With the guards taken care of, Redbird sought a path and plunged in to the dark of the place; she reeked of coyote, and hoped this would help those slaves within this place avert their eye. If she smelled like one of them and moved quickly enough to avoid lingering eyes, Redbird was confident she would appear as a hurried slave and nothing more. They would not stop her.

She delved so far and so quickly in to Muat-Riya, not knowing how long Sari would keep the mazoi distracted, and found herself bypassing hallways, nooks, and crannies as she sought some sign of Colt.

It was too bad she had been so very drunk, that night. There was no way to know where the jawbone had been hidden! Or where it might have gone if moved. She hurried; she earned a few glances.

When eyes became too prevalent she ducked in to another space, and found herself in the temple. It was strange to feel the wind upon her face here; the ceiling was somehow open to the sky, and Redbird remembered the wedding and how crowded the space had been.

She began to prowl between the altars, plucking at ornaments, studying bits and pieces until she came to one in particular - where a jawbone had been strung up with other heathen decorations.

Aw, Colt, lookit what they did to yew. She set her teeth against the reeds and began to cut them, and found a cord of leatherskin fastened the bone in place more firmly than expected.
Muat-riya
Mazoi
281 Posts
Ooc — ebony
he stalked back toward the entrance, stilling when he found that an unknown trail led inside.

the man did not swear; he followed, stalking close to the wall with every honed muscle ready, and his eyes adjusted to each detail of muat-riya.

he heard the indistinct muttering of the stranger and quieted once more, searching until he saw their movements in the nightdark.