Head*
who stole my toe?!
1,197 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Missionary
Seer
Medic
Birth 
for either @Pie OR @Pauk. family is welcome too, of course!

A half hour passed between the first and the second's coming. Sialuk could feel the pulsing sensation of her body once more, and she knew another wave of pain would consume her. With one child already laying peacefully at her breast, she shifted uncomfortably. The panting and shivering had not ceased, and her stomach felt sick. How had giving life to Maggak been so easy?

She heaved and pushed, bringing life to her second babe of the day. They were so small, so pure, and Sialuk tried to muster feelings of love for both of the children that now lay suckling at her breast. Her thoughts drifted to Argent, wondering if he would ever know these children.
Atkan Aleut
MORE INFO
Moonspear
Babe
19 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Since the moment they were capable of such, little Tiuttuk had held onto one of Pauk’s ankles. No amount of kicking or shifting could shake off their grasp. Only when their brother left the womb entirely did they pull apart. Their forepaw drifted emptily, curling into a wee fist.

That was how Tiuttuk—alias Treepie, or Pie—came into the world: fist first, as if punching their way out of poor Sialuk. When they were cleaned and dried, they used their first breath to let out an indignant squall. That same tiny paw flailed in the air, bent slightly from clutching at Pauk’s heel all this time.

When their mother placed them beside their brother, they didn’t root around for a teat. Instead, they twisted and wriggled their pudgy little body until their paw slid into place, latching into its familiar hold. Little Pie immediately quieted and settled.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Moonspear
Child
131 Posts
Ooc — metic
he did not stray from outside the ulaq unless asked by anaa alone. he could do little for her, and the muffled sounds echoing outside the birthing place caused the beat of his heart to quicken. he shifted where he sat, a stirring in his feet drawing him upwards to pace uncontrollably. 

if any had joined him during the length of the labor, he had not paid them any attention. he gave way to a stressed routine of sit, stand, pace, repeat. thoughts bounced off the walls of his mind, a headache beginning to form. how long would this last? how many siblings would he have? was anaa ok? was there anything he could do for her? what if something went wrong? what if what happened to panuk and rolayne's mom happened to...no! 

he gave a clearing shake of his head before moving to sit once more. he would not let his worry drift to such dark thoughts.
"atkan aleut"
Moonspear
Envoy
178 Posts
Ooc — Mai
While Sialuk labored, Elentari never strayed from within earshot of the ulaq. She made many small trips, fetching plentiful skins and furs, meat and abundant herbs. Just in case. Argent, sadly may not be here for the birth of these children, but the whole of Moonspear would try to fill the void.

Seeing Acrux, with his nerves wound so tight, her heart ached for her son. He was a grown boy, yet still young. He was seeing, hearing and the throes of labor all for the very first time. And as a male, he did not share the same perspective as women.

She understood his anxiety. 

"You are brave. But do not worry. What you are feeling is normal." Her eye settled on the entry to the ulaq. She knew what to look for. "There are signs that a practiced medic should see. What tells them what is normal and what is not."

Then, within a shrill squall of life! Her ears pricked excitedly. "Ah, there! Listen, son!" She encouraged him. "You see, that is the sound of your brother or sister. Healthy and well. Anaa is, too." She laid down on her belly, forelegs extended out in front of her. Close to the entrance, but not close enough to press inside. "Soon you will see them, and Anaa."
Moontide
First Warrior
850 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Tracker
cameo unless addressed <3

the seal hunter did not try to enter the ulaq.
he hung back as elentari bustled, though whatever was asked of him he would do. many times his eyes strayed to the pacing acrux, and somehow he felt held by his inability in how to best relate. and in these lookings, chakliux became aware that the silver man was not near. 
where had he gone?
but the moontide warrior would never ask.
his pale ears lifted sharply as the second child cried out, and a small smile touched his mouth.
but there was more to come; as a father he sensed it, and kept his vigil.
Moonspear
Head*
who stole my toe?!
1,197 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Missionary
Seer
Medic
Her second arrived, their coat a mishmash of colors and patterns that reminded her of the Redhawk clan. Unlike the first, Sialuk could not immediately determine the sex of her second child. Their pheromones were a mix of both male and female, but she chalked it up to being exhausted from the labor itself. Their little paw reminded her of her own missing toe, and she worried over it with her tongue as she guided her second child to their first meal. They were perfect, and that was all that mattered.

Tiuttuk, she murmured into their ear—her little chirping bird. Another word, their spirit name, whispered only for them to hear: Tapitsik.
Atkan Aleut
MORE INFO
Moonspear
Babe
19 Posts
Ooc — Kat
They fell fast asleep, only to be jerked awake a moment later when something big, warm and wet tugged their paw from its handhold. Treepie squawked and flailed all four limbs, muted only by the teat inserted into their mouth.

Instincts were powerful things. As their mother whispered their name into their folded ears, Tiuttuk suckled. They found comfort in feeding, not to mention the taste of the rich milk and the pleasant way it filled their belly.

But as soon as they were done, Pie wriggled and writhed until they could clutch at their brother’s foot again. They latched into place and the little calico sighed, the sound punctuated by a surprisingly forceful and squeaky burp before their breaths deepened and evened back into sleep.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)