Ocean's Breath Plateau star sun
Moontide
First Warrior
987 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Tracker
Private 
the sun had fallen. the children slept, scattered between the main lodge and that of their elder brothers.
first warrior stalked along the water's edge, tasting the briny fingers which slipped silkenly though his fur. along their whorls he followed, seeking @Rodyn.
"it is good to have you home," he said in a gentle tone, settling near the leader. for a time he was silent, and then, "i must speak to you about marina."
Moontide
Alpha*
-I am a gentleman. My natural inclination is to be on my best behavior.-
1,635 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn was never far from the beach and Samani's death Ulaq, at least at night. He always told her goodnight and of his day. She was not here anymore, possibly couldn't even hear him. But he always liked to share this.

Rodyn sighed softly, happily. I do like to trade and travel, but I would be lying were I to say i didn't prefer to be home.

Rodyn looked to his friend. Ironically so, he had be a man Rodyn had been unsure to trust. But he had proven again and again that he had the leaders back. Were it simply in an affection for Samani, Rodyn didn't know and he didn't ask. For he didn't want the answer. He appreciated it all the same.

What about Marina? Is she alright? I know she wasn't feeling well for a time.
Interested in Moontide? Rodyn is always available for threads.
Moontide
First Warrior
987 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Tracker
softly chakliux detailed what her brother had told to him: that marina was kept ill by several plants in this place beside the sea.
"i do not know what to do. i should take her from here. but moontide is her home. it is my home. it is the home of my children. to take them all is to leave without a plan."
a sigh gusted from the seal hunter. "i would take the islands not far from here with dutch, but still. my heart is in this place."
after a moment, he looked to rodyn, requesting the leader's wisdom.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,635 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn frowned the more Chakliux spoke. Details of her sickness were unveiled and his heart felt heavy. He knew how terrible it was too lose the woman you loved. And though the man in front of him, held more women than Rodyn had. He had no doubt that he did love them in his own way each and every one. But Rodyn was not built this way he didn't think.

Rodyn frowned. How many strong is the island home?

Though the thought made him ill. Rodyn wondered if they could move the entire pack. Their numbers were falling by the day. And Rodyn would not have the pack fail because he hadn't acted.
Moontide
First Warrior
987 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Tracker
"none. the islands are empty. there are seven of them, colder than here. but i saw no wolves."
his shoulders rolled. "i would not ask you to move from this place." chakliux did not say her name; he knew rodyn would understand. "but it is rich land, and it is open land."
quietly he turned his eyes upon the waves.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,635 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Deerstalker
Trapper
The thought of leaving Samani behind. He felt a tightening in his chest. He pressed a paw to it for a minute and then swiftly down.

This is not a decision I can make in a day. I will think on it. We would need to move much caches and tradeable items not to mention the children. I don't know that we could before winter hit us.

He licked along the seam of a fang thinking.
Moontide
First Warrior
987 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Tracker
"no, rodyn, no. i would not expect that. i could not be so swift myself." a silence followed. "i will help in whatever you choose to do. for now, i travel with marina from moontide as often as i can."
he did not want to leave. he did not want to stay. chakliux felt as torn as rodyn seemed to be over this matter.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,635 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Deerstalker
Trapper
A sage nod and a gentle paw placed on the other man's own. He understood that Chakliux was traversing two worlds. Trying to be loyal to both his pack and his family. Rodyn knew that none of this was easy for him or the other man. But more so the other man who had more at stake than Rodyn.

What would happen were he to leave. He would just move a pack, what were to happen if Chakliux didn't? He could possibly lose his wife.

I will think on it. I promise.
Moontide
First Warrior
987 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Tracker
last for me <3

their eyes met in knowingness. what rodyn chose would be what was good for moontide, for them all. and while in his heart, he longed for the sea ice and the seal hunter climes, this was his home. it was the shelter of his spirit, and there was waning desire in chakliux to be parted from it.
if home must become more, he too could do this.