Coconut Grove you say that all your love is mine
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
Wraen had not returned to the grove ever since fetching Fennec there and bringing her back to Firebirds. And events that followed had kept her away from frequenting the shores in order to scavenge for edible morsels here. For a while now she had thought about bringing more pack members with her, because the food again was running short and with the temperatures varying between bitter cold and autumnly warm, it was difficult to predict, when and how would the next meal come.

The ram her pack had found few weeks ago and feasted on was now only a vague memory. Hunger was Wraen's constant companion again, but, while she was used to the empty feeling in her belly, it pained her more to see, how lack of food took toll on her pack members. Eljay was a bag of bones already - worse of them all, because food shortage was not the only thing that plagued his body and soul. The youths kept themselves going, though they were thinner than she would have liked them to see in the beginning of winter. And as for the elders - every evening before her sleep she prayed that they stayed well and survived through this all until the spring came. They were her rock and she would be devastated to lose any of the two Blackthorns.

The best remedy for a troubled mind is a hard work and therefore she had spared some time to walk all the way to the coconut grove. It had suffered from a huge wave and storms in the recent past, but just as quickly as the nature had destroyed, it also had effectively removed the evidence. It was very likely that at some other far off island, broken remnants of palm trees were washed ashore and... that is a story for another time. The important conclusion that Wraen came to, when she made the damage control, was that it looked better than the last time. And - who was that?

A stranger was observing the land as well. Wraen approached the she-wolf, warned of her presence with a quiet bark and then made a proper greeting: "Good day to the fellow traveller! What has brought you to these lonely shores?"
Messages In This Thread
you say that all your love is mine - by Huā - October 26, 2019, 02:40 AM
RE: you say that all your love is mine - by Wraen - November 10, 2019, 03:30 PM
RE: you say that all your love is mine - by Huā - November 10, 2019, 04:30 PM
RE: you say that all your love is mine - by Wraen - November 12, 2019, 12:34 PM
RE: you say that all your love is mine - by Huā - November 12, 2019, 10:56 PM
RE: you say that all your love is mine - by Wraen - November 15, 2019, 07:52 AM
RE: you say that all your love is mine - by Huā - November 15, 2019, 12:49 PM
RE: you say that all your love is mine - by Wraen - November 19, 2019, 02:54 PM
RE: you say that all your love is mine - by Huā - November 24, 2019, 10:34 PM
RE: you say that all your love is mine - by Wraen - November 30, 2019, 01:51 PM
RE: you say that all your love is mine - by Huā - December 06, 2019, 07:17 PM