Sun Mote Copse Better hit the deck like the card dealer
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,998 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
There was something interesting going on in the nearby den. It smelled like Neema and other curious things, though no one would let her near it, least of all Towhee. This disappointed Meerkat on some level, though she was too happy-go-lucky to let it bother her for long. Happy just to be out on this little field trip, she occupied herself by zooming around the open space, chasing bugs, rolling in the grass and nibbling on any- and everything.

She had begun digging a hole in a patch of dry, dusty dirt for no good reason whatsoever when she felt something bump lightly against her upright, waving tail. Meerkat popped up and looked around, noticing the bee that bumbled away toward the den. She considered going after it, though she glanced at Towhee and decided against it. She resumed her tilling instead.

No more than a minute or two passed before a wretched noise issued from the nearby den. A very dusty Meerkat prairie-dogged again, blinking at the dim little foyer, then over at Towhee again. Her mother seemed utterly unperturbed and coolly returned her gaze. When Meerkat continued to stare at her quizzically, the Regent shrugged and signed, -What?-

The pup gazed toward the den again, then at Towhee, back and forth several times. Didn't she hear that awful sound? Abandoning the hole, Meerkat trotted over to her mother, slinking into her shadow and popping her head between her forelegs to squint at the inexplicably noisy sett, right ear twitching. But if her mama wasn't worried, then she wasn't either.

This can be a cameo! :D
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
Better hit the deck like the card dealer - by Alyx - April 03, 2020, 06:49 PM
RE: Better hit the deck like the card dealer - by Meerkat - April 05, 2020, 11:26 AM
RE: Better hit the deck like the card dealer - by Alyx - April 08, 2020, 11:58 AM
RE: Better hit the deck like the card dealer - by Phox - April 08, 2020, 04:47 PM
RE: Better hit the deck like the card dealer - by Alyx - April 12, 2020, 05:44 PM
RE: Better hit the deck like the card dealer - by Phox - April 18, 2020, 03:44 PM
RE: Better hit the deck like the card dealer - by Alyx - April 18, 2020, 07:55 PM
RE: Better hit the deck like the card dealer - by Phox - April 23, 2020, 03:48 PM