Redsand Canyon seems a pity not to take a chance
an hour of wolves and shattered shields
2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger

"i came to call on you at the caldera," germanicus said quietly. he navigated a path across the empty streambeds that would fill with springmelt.

a triangular cave was set against the base of the canyon here. the sand without was a pale gold against the reddish hue of the canyon. a swathe of odd blue swept upward.

he did not lead them here. this deep into the mazes the snow did not reach. it was cold and yet dry. there was a flat patch of stone covered with a goat-hide. he indicated that they could sit here.

"when i saw that no battle or violence had come to the land, i returned here." his yellow gaze sat upon ruenna. germanicus blinked. the idea that she had been humbled by his response did not sit well with him.

"i am a man who has lived alone for a long time and never considered marriage. i did not allow it to be a possibility. and so i stumbled when it became that. the fault is mine. you were perfectly proper, lady ruenna."

it sounded in some way as if she meant to perhaps shelve or otherwise cancel what she had suggested to him at akashingo. "there is not a wrong moment to discuss your future."

he felt himself assailed by a strange and intangible fear.

the eagle straightened his shoulders. "i gave much consideration to your words all the same. if you do not mean to withdraw your proposal, i wish to accept."

germanicus felt himself plunged into a cold bath of feeling. and at the very same time he was fevered and warmed and heated. the man prickled beneath his silver coat and waited for the lady redfern to speak.
Messages In This Thread
seems a pity not to take a chance - by Ruenna - December 08, 2021, 11:06 AM
RE: seems a pity not to take a chance - by Germanicus - December 08, 2021, 12:34 PM
RE: seems a pity not to take a chance - by Ruenna - December 10, 2021, 07:08 PM
RE: seems a pity not to take a chance - by Germanicus - December 11, 2021, 09:55 AM
RE: seems a pity not to take a chance - by Ruenna - December 11, 2021, 10:51 AM
RE: seems a pity not to take a chance - by Germanicus - December 11, 2021, 11:33 AM
RE: seems a pity not to take a chance - by Ruenna - December 11, 2021, 11:31 PM
RE: seems a pity not to take a chance - by Germanicus - December 12, 2021, 01:04 AM
RE: seems a pity not to take a chance - by Ruenna - December 13, 2021, 07:20 PM
RE: seems a pity not to take a chance - by Germanicus - December 13, 2021, 08:42 PM
RE: seems a pity not to take a chance - by Ruenna - December 14, 2021, 09:31 PM
RE: seems a pity not to take a chance - by Germanicus - December 14, 2021, 10:32 PM
RE: seems a pity not to take a chance - by Ruenna - December 16, 2021, 06:28 PM
RE: seems a pity not to take a chance - by Germanicus - December 16, 2021, 07:11 PM
RE: seems a pity not to take a chance - by Ruenna - December 18, 2021, 08:06 PM
RE: seems a pity not to take a chance - by Germanicus - December 18, 2021, 10:06 PM
RE: seems a pity not to take a chance - by Ruenna - December 27, 2021, 04:22 PM
RE: seems a pity not to take a chance - by Germanicus - December 28, 2021, 02:32 PM
RE: seems a pity not to take a chance - by Ruenna - January 04, 2022, 10:36 AM