Redsand Canyon seems a pity not to take a chance
an hour of wolves and shattered shields
2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger
caeso! which i guess would be pronounced 'cee-zso' but i keep saying it like queso smfh lol

children.

germanicus fervently kept the chill from climbing his shoulders. not chill, only something like it, threatening to lift a thin path along his hackles. he swept at once to prying out its source and praying it was not something insidious. he fixed his mind upon the tenets of marriage and cleared his throat softly.

"i hope that you will do what you wish in mereo, lady ruenna." his voice held a quiet earnesty. "you offered to help make this canyon a home. and you have my trust already." the eagle's gaze was on her as he said this. somehow the connection of their eyes did not strop him so much.

the imperator did not take an extra breath or shift. he did not want her to believe him moved. he was unsure of what might occur if he allowed his expression to move again, to change. but the eagle's pulse began a slow cantering. "i will be germanicus redsand," germanicus declared softly. "and our children will bear the same name."

the air hung warmer now. the effort of restraining his reactions into the more familiar mien of a soldier hung tight in his core. her eyes had shone when he had jested out-of-doors. somehow that moment had felt easier than all the others that followed. germanicus realized the mastery of his talents had no power in this realm. he walked upon perception and faith alone.

"it is settled as soon as he and she agree, lady ruenna." they had assented together. "unless you would desire a ceremony." he did not and he had no intentions of replicating the horrendous illustration of excess that the egyptian had put on. 

germanicus attempted to realign himself internally. "you have been here some time and i have not offered you a meal after your travels." protect. provide. "will you allow me to bring you something? i would — it would be my pleasure if you would acquaint yourself with this room in the interim." he watched her tawny eyes and wondered now what ruenna beheld in him. they had sat together several times and it did not change the newness of their present encounter.
Messages In This Thread
seems a pity not to take a chance - by Ruenna - December 08, 2021, 11:06 AM
RE: seems a pity not to take a chance - by Germanicus - December 08, 2021, 12:34 PM
RE: seems a pity not to take a chance - by Ruenna - December 10, 2021, 07:08 PM
RE: seems a pity not to take a chance - by Germanicus - December 11, 2021, 09:55 AM
RE: seems a pity not to take a chance - by Ruenna - December 11, 2021, 10:51 AM
RE: seems a pity not to take a chance - by Germanicus - December 11, 2021, 11:33 AM
RE: seems a pity not to take a chance - by Ruenna - December 11, 2021, 11:31 PM
RE: seems a pity not to take a chance - by Germanicus - December 12, 2021, 01:04 AM
RE: seems a pity not to take a chance - by Ruenna - December 13, 2021, 07:20 PM
RE: seems a pity not to take a chance - by Germanicus - December 13, 2021, 08:42 PM
RE: seems a pity not to take a chance - by Ruenna - December 14, 2021, 09:31 PM
RE: seems a pity not to take a chance - by Germanicus - December 14, 2021, 10:32 PM
RE: seems a pity not to take a chance - by Ruenna - December 16, 2021, 06:28 PM
RE: seems a pity not to take a chance - by Germanicus - December 16, 2021, 07:11 PM
RE: seems a pity not to take a chance - by Ruenna - December 18, 2021, 08:06 PM
RE: seems a pity not to take a chance - by Germanicus - December 18, 2021, 10:06 PM
RE: seems a pity not to take a chance - by Ruenna - December 27, 2021, 04:22 PM
RE: seems a pity not to take a chance - by Germanicus - December 28, 2021, 02:32 PM
RE: seems a pity not to take a chance - by Ruenna - January 04, 2022, 10:36 AM