Bearclaw Valley Why is the raven like a writing desk?
this is my book
and i know how to work the spells and charms in it
i know them all
1,610 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Warrior
Master Missionary
was it time for therapy already? merrick grunted. he was too restless to sit, and so as he began this portion of his past — i was born, i was tormented — he picked up the girl's scent and trotted alongside her clumsy trail.
better to multitask than anything.
"well. she left." 
beside itself, it was nothing. but;
"this was after she chose some winner to knock her up and not stay around." merrick scoffed a laugh. "you know," he went on, "i could have understood if i'd had siblings and one of them disappeared. you know, whatever."
merrick was shifting, the serpent rippling, his tone changing from maddened to boyish as he reverted back to the time of his greatest pain and greatest sin. "but no. aunt laurel also chose a loser and on top of that none of her kids wanted to stay. so she told my mom that they were going to leave to look for her brats. and my mom, uh, just said okay. and then she left me alone in a pack full of wolves i didn't really fuckin know."
merrick didn't look at arielle. his stare was fixed ahead, as if the girl would materialize and they could kill her anyway.
"so now im alone. not a year old yet. my sister and i, well, my adopted sister — that didn't matter then but it mattered after — she left me too. i killed a coyote and i guess she decided the vermin was worth more."
"so i left. i went to the mountains. that's where i met her." the raven queen. his blackbird love. merrick cleared his throat. "she saved my life. and after that we began ursus and after that — after that i found my mother again. she'd never come home, she had just ... started over. not far from the valley or where she left me."
"i had to kill her after that, it was like she was — flaunting herself. she said she came back for me but i waited and waited. and she didn't." there were tears on his face, the old unhealed wound bleeding as he pushed his proverbial thumb into it.
"but maybe they both need to die. she paid for what she did. laurel hasn't yet." the man walked on now in sudden, pointed silence.
Messages In This Thread
Why is the raven like a writing desk? - by Arielle - December 25, 2021, 04:12 PM
RE: Why is the raven like a writing desk? - by Druid - December 28, 2021, 11:03 AM
RE: Why is the raven like a writing desk? - by Arielle - December 30, 2021, 01:17 AM
RE: Why is the raven like a writing desk? - by Druid - December 30, 2021, 11:32 AM
RE: Why is the raven like a writing desk? - by Arielle - January 02, 2022, 02:33 PM
RE: Why is the raven like a writing desk? - by Merrick - January 02, 2022, 02:37 PM
RE: Why is the raven like a writing desk? - by Druid - January 02, 2022, 03:00 PM
RE: Why is the raven like a writing desk? - by Arielle - January 02, 2022, 03:47 PM
RE: Why is the raven like a writing desk? - by Merrick - January 02, 2022, 03:51 PM
RE: Why is the raven like a writing desk? - by Druid - January 02, 2022, 04:42 PM
RE: Why is the raven like a writing desk? - by Arielle - January 02, 2022, 04:56 PM
RE: Why is the raven like a writing desk? - by Merrick - January 02, 2022, 05:03 PM
RE: Why is the raven like a writing desk? - by Druid - January 02, 2022, 05:17 PM
RE: Why is the raven like a writing desk? - by Arielle - January 02, 2022, 07:45 PM
RE: Why is the raven like a writing desk? - by Merrick - January 02, 2022, 08:39 PM
RE: Why is the raven like a writing desk? - by Arielle - January 02, 2022, 11:10 PM
RE: Why is the raven like a writing desk? - by Merrick - January 03, 2022, 02:04 PM
RE: Why is the raven like a writing desk? - by Arielle - January 04, 2022, 08:37 PM
RE: Why is the raven like a writing desk? - by Merrick - January 05, 2022, 06:05 PM
RE: Why is the raven like a writing desk? - by Arielle - January 05, 2022, 07:33 PM