Redsand Canyon Bid my blood to run.
an hour of wolves and shattered shields
2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger
germanicus experienced several understandings as towhee spoke and ruenna appeared.

the first was that arsenio did not like this woman. the eagle found this curious, as all present shared a healthy aversion toward the pharaoh and his palace. he did not correct the red wolf however. the former mercenary had his trust and his opinion factored strongly into certain decisions germanicus made.

the second was that towhee showed a distinct level of tactics he appreciated. she had veiled her identity at the gates to akashingo. she was mindful of her place here. she showed talent tempered by respect and spoke diplomatically as any ruler would. the question had been twofold: first to assess her willingness to work in a place she did not understand, and secondly to push against her sense of ambition. germanicus more and more approved of towhee though of course this would not show upon the trained lines of his darksilver face.

the third truth came when his wife appeared and germanicus felt his mien shift to one more relaxed. kallik remained cold and arsenio remained aloof. but the matrona welcomed towhee with a familiarity that somehow made him feel displaced. it reminded the eagle that he had not yet achieved the easy greetings and warm knowingness with his own mate. 

but anyone watchful might notice how his yellowpaint eyes lingered upon her, and how the reined ghost of a smile appeared upon his mouth when she had drawn near. "it means spymanship comes so easily to you that you find it second nature," he said with his own dry humour, glancing between the pair.

his gaze was upon towhee once more. "i believe mereo is the place you will find this purpose." he gestured to the pale auxillary. "this is kallik. and this is arsenio, as you know. he is also a mercenary and served as a guard inside akashingo for a tour." a pause. "the pharaoh and his ilk are not well-liked in mereo. he meant us to be an outpost. it has become more than that, and for this i offer thanks to lady ruenna. the palace is indeed a strange place. but i mean for there to be an understanding between us. this is why soldiers are contracted to work in his land for a time and this is why ramesses understands that i am not his servant."

there was time enough to learn about the mesa.

"in the days to come, the auxillia are to be promoted. i would like you to collect three assessments from among them and report to me their potential for guardianship, warriorhood, or tactics. you may conduct these as you see fit and you may utilize any space in mereo to do this." germanicus kept his attention upon towhee now. would she see this as an order or as an opportunity?
Messages In This Thread
Bid my blood to run. - by Towhee - January 26, 2022, 10:21 PM
RE: Bid my blood to run. - by Germanicus - January 26, 2022, 11:00 PM
RE: Bid my blood to run. - by Kallik - January 26, 2022, 11:08 PM
RE: Bid my blood to run. - by Arsenio - January 26, 2022, 11:42 PM
RE: Bid my blood to run. - by Towhee - January 27, 2022, 12:08 AM
RE: Bid my blood to run. - by Germanicus - January 27, 2022, 12:37 PM
RE: Bid my blood to run. - by Kallik - January 27, 2022, 03:13 PM
RE: Bid my blood to run. - by Arsenio - January 27, 2022, 07:12 PM
RE: Bid my blood to run. - by Ruenna - January 27, 2022, 07:44 PM
RE: Bid my blood to run. - by Towhee - January 27, 2022, 08:00 PM
RE: Bid my blood to run. - by Germanicus - January 27, 2022, 09:13 PM