Dragoncrest Cliffs Say, could that lass be I?
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,995 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
She pushed upright as they prepared to disembark, sweet aches singing through her body. Meerkat’s lips curved into a secret smile at these reminders of Njord’s claim on her as the two set out into the cold winter’s day.

When he broke into song, she could only gaze at him in enthralled surprise. She didn’t recognize a single word, though the way his voice dipped and pitched through the melody made her belly swoop. She’d had no idea he could sing, on top of everything else. With Njord, it seemed, wonders never ceased.

Meerkat wanted to ask him about it, inquire after the lyrics, but they reached the beach and he spoke in his usual timbre. The first words he spoke reminded her fleetingly of Issorartuyok but she quickly banished the thought of him. She much preferred her lover’s ardent nature, leaving her with no doubt how he felt about her.

Believe me, she said quietly as the pair of them began to mosey along the sands, there’s nothing to forgive. She said nothing else, sensing there was more Njord wanted to say.

He explained that he didn’t just want to get to know her, he wanted to get to know her intimately. Meerkat felt warmth swirling in her veins, her toes tingling even as they sank into the shifting grains underfoot. Of course, that feeling was mutual, and though they would ideally have the rest of their lives, she was eager to tap the wellsprings of his soul too.

Njord decided to start with a simple question. Yes, it’s Redhawk, Meerkat answered with a soft swish of her tail. My full name is actually Suricate Redhawk, though I’ve never gone by anything but Meerkat. And… She paused, brown eyes dancing thoughtfully over his face, I always intended—hoped—to take my mate’s name, when the time came, as far as surnames go.

Her heartbeat ratcheted up a notch or two. She figured it wasn’t too early to discuss such matters, if they were hoping to walk down this path together. They’d already talked of children. Nonetheless, everything was still new enough that Meerkat felt a little breathless, waiting to see how he’d respond, what he would say next.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
Say, could that lass be I? - by Njord - January 13, 2022, 11:19 PM
RE: Say, could that lass be I? - by Meerkat - January 14, 2022, 01:24 PM
RE: Say, could that lass be I? - by Njord - January 19, 2022, 06:06 PM
RE: Say, could that lass be I? - by Meerkat - January 19, 2022, 08:47 PM
RE: Say, could that lass be I? - by Njord - February 01, 2022, 03:59 PM
RE: Say, could that lass be I? - by Meerkat - February 01, 2022, 05:36 PM
RE: Say, could that lass be I? - by Njord - February 03, 2022, 01:13 AM
RE: Say, could that lass be I? - by Meerkat - February 03, 2022, 10:10 AM
RE: Say, could that lass be I? - by Njord - February 08, 2022, 05:16 PM
RE: Say, could that lass be I? - by Meerkat - February 08, 2022, 06:57 PM
RE: Say, could that lass be I? - by Njord - February 11, 2022, 01:12 AM