Redsand Canyon reliquum
an hour of wolves and shattered shields
2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger
germanicus listened. they differed in opinion only upon arsenio, who he thought was hotheaded enough to be a warrior. but that was not a side of the redstone man which had been so tested here in mereo. "very good."

"you will be praefectus now." he did not yet comment upon this pack within the vale, though he wished greatly to know what they had discovered. "it reflects your skill as a guardian while not placing you so far above the others that you will be resented."

he had learned that this might be a concern of hers, despite the fact she had only joked about it. "i know we have enjoyed an informal discourse and i would like this to continue, towhee. but outside of our meetings and before the other soldiers, you are praefectus and i am imperator. it is important that the others are aware of this hierarchy, and it is not for ego's purpose. it is a chain of respect." his words were neutral. they were not chastisement. he meant only to be informative. 

henceforth he would refer to her as such before the others and expected the same address in return. "will you tell me what you discovered in the vale please? i am interested to know what rears its head there."

ruenna had meant to settle it herself once upon a time. how would she take this development? furthermore germanicus saw that towhee was very tired. but it must be secondary to this conversation. diesel was gone. glaukos was disrespectful. these things he too filed away.
Messages In This Thread
reliquum - by Germanicus - February 10, 2022, 09:41 PM
RE: reliquum - by Towhee - February 15, 2022, 11:41 AM
RE: reliquum - by Germanicus - February 15, 2022, 11:57 AM
RE: reliquum - by Towhee - February 15, 2022, 12:09 PM
RE: reliquum - by Germanicus - February 15, 2022, 12:44 PM
RE: reliquum - by Towhee - February 15, 2022, 12:53 PM
RE: reliquum - by Germanicus - February 22, 2022, 10:07 PM
RE: reliquum - by Towhee - February 22, 2022, 10:18 PM
RE: reliquum - by Germanicus - February 22, 2022, 10:33 PM
RE: reliquum - by Towhee - February 22, 2022, 10:49 PM
RE: reliquum - by Germanicus - February 23, 2022, 12:17 PM