Sawtooth Spire Will I ever be more than I've always been?
2 / 3 THREADS
1,022 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
Guardian
All Wylla wanted to do was sleep, so why couldn't Phaedra just cooperate like her brother and stop being so dramatic? Her ears were pricked for any hint of a sound from the lighter pup, but none were forthcoming. Not a wail. Not a cry. Not so much as a hiccup. Part of Wylla wanted to count her blessings and thank whatever god presided over this miserable world for giving her a quiet child. Thade was already grumbling away and Tiercel's shrieking had been a constant from the moment she dented her face on the ground, so one that didn't whine so much would be a nice change. Thankfully, her instincts were smarter than that.

She scooped Phaedra forward and spent a good deal of time slathering her tongue over the newborn's face, back and even her belly. This made no apparent difference, and by then Mahler was already lurking. Wylla's heart thumped hard in her chest as she sniffed her ailing cub, seeking any sign of pathogens or parasites, but there seemed to be nothing wrong with her besides her lungs failing. Before she could even turn and apprise Mahler of the situation, she felt his looming presence at her back and a protective surge blotted out her sensibilities.

The flash of ivory cutlery was likely all he would see before she slammed her jaws full-force into whatever part of him she could reach with a horrifying snarl, leaving Phaedra and Thade behind to coil and surge out of the den's mouth. Her yellow eyes burned with fury and fear alike. Her nostrils flared and her sides heaved as the Eisen was forced to collect herself. In the aftermath of giving birth and with such wild concern for their daughter, she couldn't feel a shred of guilt for her reaction to Mahler, and if not for Phaedra's plight she might've chased him some distance away before returning. But what remained of Wylla's conscious mind knew that if anyone could help her, Mahler could.

She turned back to the pups and plucked the paler one from the floor, turning back to Mahler and placing Phaedra gingerly between her paws. She laid herself down, still within the den to prevent the chill of the outside air from reaching her, but Phaedra was now within the midwife's reach. I don't know what's wrong with her, she breathed, trying to hide the trembling from her voice.

@Thade Feel free to hop in whenever, just wanna keep things moving!
Messages In This Thread
Will I ever be more than I've always been? - by Wylla - March 03, 2020, 02:29 PM
RE: Will I ever be more than I've always been? - by Wylla - March 07, 2020, 09:36 PM