Sawtooth Spire i'm heading straight for the castle
2 / 3 THREADS
1,022 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
Guardian
If the blue-grey Eisen objected to Wylla's methods, he didn't say anything as they made their way back into Sagtannet's claim proper. Wiry Wylla was more than happy to give Greyson the reins on this expedition, and was quite pleased when he chose to go down into the valley. The ground was more open there, positively sprawling in some places. Good for wolves and not so good for their prey. If nothing else, he knew what to look for in good hunting ground. A good sign, that.

With the rain diluting scent trails and giving them a fluid quality that made them difficult to follow, Wylla wasn't expecting much more than for Greyson to find one, which he did. She'd already decided he was fit for their ranks, but Greyson did her one better and actually found a living, breathing hare. She could sense the moment his scanning eyes locked on his quarry. It took Wylla another few seconds of squinting through the downpour to spot it, and by that time Greyson was already on the move. A prowling wolf was unmistakable. Even someone coming on the scene just now would be able to recognize the signs of a hunt.

Wylla loped some distance behind Greyson, observing rather than getting involved, though she shot a triumphant smile in Wintersbane's direction. This man, she thought, had earned his right to be one of them.

(It certainly helped that her emotional tumult drove her to seek the company of newcomers if only to escape the familiar, which meant Greyson had a bit of an advantage—it was likely she'd have accepted him even if he failed to even locate a scent, purely because he was someone new to talk to.)

Welcome to Sagtannet! I've titled Greyson up because from this point on he'd have to do something pretty drastic to be turned away. We can continue this thread past his hunt if you'd like or we can wrap it up, and I for one would be happy to have another!
Messages In This Thread
i'm heading straight for the castle - by Greyson - May 03, 2020, 11:11 AM
RE: i'm heading straight for the castle - by Wylla - May 03, 2020, 11:42 AM
RE: i'm heading straight for the castle - by Greyson - May 03, 2020, 01:37 PM
RE: i'm heading straight for the castle - by Wylla - May 05, 2020, 08:01 PM
RE: i'm heading straight for the castle - by Greyson - May 06, 2020, 03:18 AM
RE: i'm heading straight for the castle - by Wylla - May 12, 2020, 08:54 PM
RE: i'm heading straight for the castle - by Greyson - May 14, 2020, 05:25 AM
RE: i'm heading straight for the castle - by Wylla - May 15, 2020, 05:29 PM