Sawtooth Spire tip of the iceberg
2 / 3 THREADS
1,022 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
Guardian
I'm so sorry for the wait on this! I'm also sorry for the abrupt ending, Wylla doesn't panic well and I don't want to hold up a thread on you any longer. I'd love a newer one sometime, hopefully once I wrestle my inspiration under control!

Gracious had all the best intentions, and if Wylla wasn't such a wildfire contained in the body of a wolf, maybe she would've done as the older wolf said. Maybe she would've taken a moment to breathe and arrange her thoughts into some semblance of logic. But when Wylla was upset about something, she was as unstoppable as any hurricane, and her anger whirled to life with the ferocity of one.

Don't tell me to slow down! snapped Wylla, turning frantically away from Gracious. The woman was right, but Wylla didn't want to hear reason and reassurance right now. She wanted to hear that her son was spotted down by the creek, or in the trees, or traversing the ridges that ringed the valley. She made the hasty assumption that Gracious hadn't seen Thade, and with that, she was off in a flurry.

Wylla wasn't good at compartmentalizing her feelings—she was the embodiment of the flurry of worrisome emotions that Gracious sought to prevent—and so she left without even remembering to ask if Gracious knew what her son looked like.
Messages In This Thread
tip of the iceberg - by Gracious - June 08, 2020, 01:14 PM
RE: tip of the iceberg - by Wylla - June 09, 2020, 05:59 PM
RE: tip of the iceberg - by Gracious - June 10, 2020, 11:49 PM
RE: tip of the iceberg - by Wylla - July 14, 2020, 08:38 AM