Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,943 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
All Welcome 
When @Figment had come to tell her about his trip to visit the Frosthawks, Meerkat had wanted to go with him, of course! He'd patiently explained that she needed to stay here, with their parents, and let her know he wouldn't be too far away or gone very long. Although disappointed that she couldn't join her older brother on his adventure, she had given him a big hug and a sticky kiss on the cheek, then told him she'd miss him "this much," forelegs spread wide as they'd go.

And she did miss him, though any time Meerkat felt her heart sink over it, she reminded herself he wasn't far and he'd be back soon! She used these same reassurances on Towhee and @Phox if and when they seemed a little sad about their elder son's departure. The former seemed to be taking it pretty hard, which didn't surprise even young Meerkat. She didn't remember @Fennec quite as well, though she did recall Towhee's recent spate of depression about her older sister's absence. This felt much the same.

Well, she did what she could to cheer up her family and keep them in good spirits despite the gaping hole in the ranks. Today, that included bringing her mother a dead gopher she'd managed to catch not far from the rendezvous site. Towhee seemed genuinely distracted and impressed by her lucky catch. She hadn't eaten much the past day or so but accepted the food and nibbled at it in between words of praise.

Beaming, Meerkat sat with her mom while she ate her lunch. Afterward, Towhee opted for a nap, so the pup jumped to her feet and went off to explore the copse. She wondered if there was anything else she could do to help Towhee or other pack mates who might feel sad about Fig's departure, smiling to herself around the hole in her own heart.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)