Nova Peak If you must weep, do it right here in my bed as I sleep
2 / 3 THREADS
1,022 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
Guardian
Wylla's amused chuff bridged the tiny space between Star's sentences as she remembered Drageda and Grimnismal. There wasn't a significant bloody history between those former neighbouring packs, but there had been one altercation. Probably more, but she hadn't stayed long after that. Back then, fighting for a scrap of beach seemed like the most important thing in the world. Now? She couldn't say she would bat an eye at having to move on if it meant sparing Phaedra or even Star's children from experiencing that violence.

Not everyone agrees that running away is a solution, she shared, thinking sourly of the one they'd lost in all this, but I don't think risking the children is ever worth defending a bit of land. Or ourselves, even. A rock is a rock is a rock, but nothing can bring a life back. Speaking of which, the ground was beginning to grow rough. Wylla steered them down a little lower, where grass was plentiful and sturdier underfoot than loose scree. I like this place a lot better, she shared, tipping her head to the side and surveying the mountainside. It doesn't feel so much like a death trap.

Idle chatter, nothing more. Are your pups okay after all that travelling? Calcifer, in particular, was huge for his age. Carrying him was no trivial matter, to say nothing of the bundle of rocks. Even riding in the jaws of tired adults, it probably wasn't a fun journey.
Messages In This Thread
RE: If you must weep, do it right here in my bed as I sleep - by Wylla - August 06, 2020, 08:15 PM