Nova Peak If you must weep, do it right here in my bed as I sleep
2 / 3 THREADS
1,022 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
Guardian
On the other hand, Wylla was born and raised on the coward's path. She was a fierce little she-wolf, to be sure, but if it was a choice of fighting or saving her hide, more often than not, she'd choose the latter. Had she been any more like Star, she might never have been able to leave Sawtooth Spire or the possibility that her little boy might one day come home. But, ultimately, one life wasn't worth risking multiple, and the chances were too high that he was no longer alive. She seems pretty taken with those rocks, she commented with a wry chuckle. It'd felt pointless carrying a bunch of rocks along with them, but she supposed if it made a pup happy, then it was worth it. She wished she could've uprooted Phaedra's garden and taken that, too.

Phaedra is... Phaedra, she said with a sigh. She's been withdrawn for a long time now. I don't think moving helped, but I don't think it made it worse, either. She wanted to comment that Mahler wasn't able to be around for her like he had been when she was very little, but she worried the topic would sour on her tongue, and she wasn't sure she wanted to know how Star felt about his multiple litters. She wanted to remark that Thade's disappearance had shaken Phaedra in some way, but the words died in her throat. Speaking his name felt forbidden.

Instead, she let her shoulders droop and slowed a little, finally admitting, I don't know how to help her. She's gone and befriended some kind of prey! As if that was the most ludicrous thing a wolf could ever do. It was like being besties with a piece of juicy steak. Wylla ought to be grateful her daughter had found a friend in some creature, but all she could really think was that it was a sign her daughter was coming unhinged.
Messages In This Thread
RE: If you must weep, do it right here in my bed as I sleep - by Wylla - August 06, 2020, 09:42 PM