The Heartwood how do you mend a broken jack-o'-lantern? with a pumpkin patch!
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,943 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
All Welcome 
Tucked in the northeastern corner of Firefly Glen, Meerkat discovered an denuded wasteland. She didn't venture into it, simply sniffed around the edges of the decimated forest. She only knew what must have happened here per her recent conversation with @Maia and their visit to The Sentinels. Meerkat wondered if anyone had lived here; had they gone up in smoke, like Donnelaith?

She turned away from that morbid thought and the burnt forest itself, although a glimpse of something colorful caught her eye at the last second. Venturing toward it, Meerkat found something strange growing right on the edge of the destruction, as if nourished by it. The orange fruits struck quite a contrast with the charred earth. There were many of them, of varying sizes, and when she bent to sniff at the closest one, she found the smell pleasant.

In fact, she found it strangely appetizing. Without really thinking about it, she sank her teeth into the gourd. It took a bit of pressure to force her fangs through the tough peel. When they punctured, she was able to bite a chunk out of the pumpkin. This exposed the tender interior, full of stringy pulp and white seeds. She licked these up with relish, devouring the whole thing down to the rinds before rolling off her feet and groaning at how full she felt.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)