The Heartwood You want me to stay
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,945 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
She didn't know if she'd ever run so fast in her life, though Meerkat didn't really give it much thought. She didn't think about much of anything as she fled, all her attention paid to any sounds of pursuit behind her. It was a little difficult to hear, given her own ragged breathing, the dense fog and the fact that only one of her ears worked.

The yearling ran until she saw the shore of Big Salmon Lake ahead of her, the glassy surface reflecting the waning moon. Only then did she slow and jerk her head over one pale shoulder to check behind her. She saw nothing but darkness and swirling fog. Meerkat planted her feet and pivoted to face backward.

The night was silent and still, save for her panting. Willing her heartbeat to calm, the yearling turned and began loping around the lake. Now her mind began to spin. Should she wake Towhee when she got home, tell her what had happened? Or should she sleep on it, making a judgment call in the morning?

After all, she really didn't want to bring war to Eldritch's doorstep. Meerkat bit at her lip as she reached the caldera's familiar slopes. She wanted to beeline toward the Hobbit Hole, though she decided to go sit by Tailfeather Creek and think for a bit instead. There was no way she was sleeping anytime soon.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
You want me to stay - by Santiago Arcos - May 31, 2021, 07:11 PM
RE: You want me to stay - by Meerkat - June 01, 2021, 12:01 PM
RE: You want me to stay - by Santiago Arcos - June 01, 2021, 02:38 PM
RE: You want me to stay - by Meerkat - June 01, 2021, 03:11 PM
RE: You want me to stay - by Santiago Arcos - June 01, 2021, 05:35 PM
RE: You want me to stay - by Meerkat - June 01, 2021, 06:34 PM
RE: You want me to stay - by Santiago Arcos - June 01, 2021, 07:26 PM
RE: You want me to stay - by Meerkat - June 01, 2021, 07:37 PM
RE: You want me to stay - by Santiago Arcos - June 01, 2021, 08:25 PM
RE: You want me to stay - by Meerkat - June 01, 2021, 08:39 PM
RE: You want me to stay - by Santiago Arcos - June 01, 2021, 08:59 PM