Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,947 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
All Welcome 
Several hours after hearing Towhee's howl, Meerkat finally returned to the caldera. She considered finding more poppy seeds beforehand; she verily craved the way they turned off all her worries for a while. Taking some would certainly smooth out the jagged edges of her mixed emotions as she faced meeting her nephew for the first time. But she decided to head back with a clear head firmly attached to her shoulders.

Her pulse fluttered as she found her way to @Fennec's den and smelled the pup for the first time. Her eyes flitted side to side, looking for any sign of @Bronco. She wasn't sure she could handle seeing him... or any of them, honestly. Meerkat still didn't quite understand where this feeling came from, what it meant or why it was so damn strong. She just knew she couldn't control it.

She did make an effort, though. Meerkat drew in steadying breaths and tried to force a smile. Surely once she met the puppy, she would feel the same love for him as her younger siblings. Maybe she just needed to set eyes on him and all these peculiar feelings would melt away like they did when she ate poppy seeds. Yes, maybe she just needed a hit of @Killdeer.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
we'll always have this dance - by Meerkat - June 07, 2021, 12:33 PM
RE: we'll always have this dance - by Fennec - June 07, 2021, 01:15 PM
RE: we'll always have this dance - by Meerkat - June 07, 2021, 01:38 PM
RE: we'll always have this dance - by Fennec - June 07, 2021, 01:45 PM
RE: we'll always have this dance - by Meerkat - June 07, 2021, 02:03 PM
RE: we'll always have this dance - by Fennec - June 07, 2021, 02:11 PM
RE: we'll always have this dance - by Meerkat - June 07, 2021, 02:21 PM
RE: we'll always have this dance - by Fennec - June 07, 2021, 03:02 PM
RE: we'll always have this dance - by Meerkat - June 07, 2021, 03:33 PM