Duskfire Glacier when the summer dies
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,945 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Imaq quickly expressed her enthusiasm, which really heartened the yearling. She definitely understood that some of her charges were too young for instruction just yet, though she would be at the ready. Tzila similarly welcomed Meerkat into the fold as the kids' coach and she couldn't have been more chuffed, truly. She responded to their warmth with a beaming smile of gratitude.

But nothing else delighted her more than one of the pups picking up on the conversation and interjecting with a plea to be taught. Meerkat laughed as the gaggle of puppies surrounded her. She caught young Veteran's eyes and opened her mouth to respond to his request when yet another puppy appeared on the scene, making a beeline for Sikuliak. The newcomer's display spoke of a bid for dominance.

This was absolutely natural, though Meerkat tried to catch the girl's attention by saying, "Hey there! What's your name?" And who do you belong to? she wondered, hoping she would soon be able to keep everyone straight. "My name's Meerkat."

She realized this might be a great opportunity to demonstrate some of her skills. Backing up a few steps, the yearling sat back on her haunches and clapped her paws together. "Can I get your attention," she said in a raised voice, "please?" She smiled and winked, hoping at least some of them would oblige her.

Either way, she decided to continue. "I'd like to play a game! It's called Whispers. We're going to form a circle," she instructed, complete with gestures. She caught Veteran's eye to get him to take the position directly to her right. She also beckoned Imaq and Tzila, waiting patiently for everyone to form a circle around her and just hoping the pups were were willing to cooperate. Hopefully having some of the mothers here would facilitate that.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
when the summer dies - by Meerkat - August 23, 2021, 10:46 AM
RE: when the summer dies - by Imaq - August 24, 2021, 12:10 PM
RE: when the summer dies - by Lane - August 25, 2021, 11:21 AM
RE: when the summer dies - by Veteran - August 25, 2021, 11:34 AM
RE: when the summer dies - by Meerkat - August 28, 2021, 07:57 PM
RE: when the summer dies - by Sikuliak - August 30, 2021, 08:19 PM
RE: when the summer dies - by Imaq - September 01, 2021, 12:02 PM
RE: when the summer dies - by Veteran - September 02, 2021, 01:29 PM
RE: when the summer dies - by RIP Tzila - September 02, 2021, 09:51 PM
RE: when the summer dies - by Meerkat - September 02, 2021, 10:22 PM
RE: when the summer dies - by Sikuliak - September 08, 2021, 04:52 PM