Redhawk Caldera quiet on set
666 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Medic
Missionary
Alyx left but he didn't react, too busy trying and failing to get control of himself. The boy eventually hiccuped himself into silence. He had heard Rue's words and turned them over in his mind. He understood that his mother was in good hands—it had only taken fifteen minutes with Aunt Raven to realize she was a masterful healer—but what Caracal didn't get was why he hadn't been able to stay by Towhee's side.

"Why?" he questioned softly, big, wet eyes lifting to his auntie's face. "I'm not brave," he whispered, swiping at his snotty, teary face. "And I can't help my mom if I'm here," he added, struggling not to lose his composure a third time. He already felt like a complete crybaby, disgusted by the smear of fluids he'd left on the Sovereign's shoulder.

He fell into sullen silence as Ruenna led him away to rest, though if she tried taking him to the Hobbit Hole, Caracal would not go willingly. It was where he'd spent so much time looking after Towhee. He couldn't bear being there without her. No, from now on, he would bed down elsewhere.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
quiet on set - by Caracal - September 08, 2021, 03:01 PM
RE: quiet on set - by Alyx - September 08, 2021, 06:32 PM
RE: quiet on set - by Caracal - September 09, 2021, 02:11 PM
RE: quiet on set - by Alyx - September 10, 2021, 10:38 AM
RE: quiet on set - by Ruenna - September 10, 2021, 11:00 AM
RE: quiet on set - by Caracal - September 10, 2021, 12:00 PM
RE: quiet on set - by Alyx - September 10, 2021, 12:54 PM
RE: quiet on set - by Ruenna - September 16, 2021, 08:31 AM
RE: quiet on set - by Caracal - September 16, 2021, 11:54 AM
RE: quiet on set - by Ruenna - September 16, 2021, 12:37 PM
RE: quiet on set - by Caracal - September 16, 2021, 02:55 PM