Ankyra Sound thunderbird
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,947 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
He didn't seem to mind, which didn't surprise her, actually. Although she hadn't thought about it much since, she hadn't forgotten the small spark of potential chemistry between them last time. She hadn't been ready to consider it then and she wouldn't say she was in a much better mindset now, to be honest. But as they lingered there, pressed together in the dark, neither one of them stepped away. And Meerkat couldn't deny that the spark quickly caught, bursting into flame.

It was a small fire, though bright and warm, especially when Njord suddenly turned the incidental closeness into something a little more intentional. Her skin tingled as he wrapped her even more tightly, little fireworks going off in her belly and sending sizzling pops through her veins. Her toes in particular felt like they were full of shooting stars.

She had to laugh at his question, because it was a downright cheesy thing to say, but also because of the coincidence of her own dream. "I'm so happy to see you." Meerkat's breath caught in her throat and she began to lean her head back to get a better look at his face.

As she gazed at him from up close, a powerful urge overcame her. Meerkat tugged her foreleg free of their loose embrace and raised it toward the place where he'd been bruised before. Even in the dark, she could see that it was looking much better. And he was so handsome. She wanted to touch. Her toes just barely brushed against his cheek when Njord's next few words registered.

Meerkat blinked and froze, the news throwing a bucket of ice water over their little bonfire. "Oh," she said softly, "fuck." Her paw hung suspended about an inch from his face for a long moment as she tried to think of what to say, her brown eyes full of world-weary empathy.

She wished she could come up with some profound words of comfort, yet her own tired brain gave her nothing. In lieu of words, she cupped her paw against his cheek very gently, then let it drift down his jawline to his neck, then around it, as she pulled herself against him in a proper bear hug.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
thunderbird - by Meerkat - December 27, 2021, 07:57 PM
RE: thunderbird - by The Listener - December 27, 2021, 11:15 PM
RE: thunderbird - by Fennec - December 28, 2021, 12:34 AM
RE: thunderbird - by Meerkat - December 28, 2021, 02:40 PM
RE: thunderbird - by The Listener - December 29, 2021, 10:14 PM
RE: thunderbird - by Fennec - December 30, 2021, 01:02 AM
RE: thunderbird - by Meerkat - December 30, 2021, 11:57 AM
RE: thunderbird - by Njord - December 31, 2021, 02:46 PM
RE: thunderbird - by Meerkat - December 31, 2021, 03:58 PM
RE: thunderbird - by Njord - January 02, 2022, 12:37 AM
RE: thunderbird - by Meerkat - January 02, 2022, 01:06 AM