Ankyra Sound thunderbird
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,943 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Not too long ago, Meerkat had told Lane she would never put herself out there exactly like she was doing now. But with the way Njord looked at her, touched her, treated her, the question was almost rhetorical. It was still really lovely hearing him say it out loud. He didn't simply agree either. He tried to describe what he was feeling, then went on to tell her in no uncertain terms how he felt about her. Meerkat's insides went molten around the time of the silly metaphor, her own stomach feeling like she'd swallowed a whole swarm of star bugs that were now making her glow from the inside out.

He drew to a stop and she did too, like the conclusion of a dance. She didn't notice the dogwood shrub, nor the burrow beneath it. Meerkat just gazed at him in amazement for a long moment. It was a bit of an errant thought, but she suddenly felt absurdly grateful that things hadn't worked out with Issorartuyok—that she hadn't settled for a man who couldn't meet her needs—and even Atlas. She still cared for each of them, but this was something on another level altogether. It was indescribable in its wonder.

Realizing where they were standing, Meerkat blinked and grinned sheepishly. "Ope." Touching her muzzle to his in apology, she slipped into the the little dugout. The instant he followed her inside, Meerkat didn't just press closer to him. Actually, she squeezed off to one side and motioned for him to settle. When he did, she flopped down beside him, wriggled closer, pushed her head up under his nearer foreleg and shamelessly snuggled into the crook of his neck. Her head rested just beneath his chin, her cheek cushioned by his chest.

"Yeah, I can definitely hear those fish," she quipped quietly, so happy to be smashed up against him. "I fancy you too, Njord," Meerkat added a bit cheekily, just in case it wasn't obvious. "Life's been throwing so much shit at me—and you too—so it's kinda nice that it threw us at each other." She sought out his paw with her own, clasped it. "You're such a sweetheart. A looker too. And then there's the accent. Shew..." Honestly, how hadn't she fallen for him sooner?

She fell silent for a moment, enjoying the simple but overwhelming pleasure of cuddling someone and being cuddled in return, before saying, "I don't know what's going to happen with everything. But if I can maybe just have this," Meerkat continued, squeezing his toes again, "then I think everything will be okay."
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
thunderbird - by Meerkat - December 27, 2021, 07:57 PM
RE: thunderbird - by The Listener - December 27, 2021, 11:15 PM
RE: thunderbird - by Fennec - December 28, 2021, 12:34 AM
RE: thunderbird - by Meerkat - December 28, 2021, 02:40 PM
RE: thunderbird - by The Listener - December 29, 2021, 10:14 PM
RE: thunderbird - by Fennec - December 30, 2021, 01:02 AM
RE: thunderbird - by Meerkat - December 30, 2021, 11:57 AM
RE: thunderbird - by Njord - December 31, 2021, 02:46 PM
RE: thunderbird - by Meerkat - December 31, 2021, 03:58 PM
RE: thunderbird - by Njord - January 02, 2022, 12:37 AM
RE: thunderbird - by Meerkat - January 02, 2022, 01:06 AM