Moonspear I don't wanna be sober
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,945 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
They walked a couple dozen yards away. Meerkat halted, gauging the distance to the ulaq. If they weren’t too loud, they shouldn’t disturb the girls. And if either of them woke, she should probably hear. She positioned herself so her good ear faced the den, eyes coming to rest on Fennec’s face.

It was tempting to interrupt a time or two, though Meerkat said nothing as Fennec spoke. This speech was unexpected in a lot of ways, though she did her best to listen comprehensively, versus worry about what she was going to say once it was done.

The time came for a response of some kind, though Meerkat said, I need a moment to think, because she didn’t want to shoot from the hip with this.

A few moments later, she said, I’ve always cared about you, even if we weren’t close. But as for why I suddenly seemed to care more, well… this isn’t going to necessarily paint me in the best light but it’s the honest truth. You joined my pack. You were going to be staying here and I saw an opportunity to finally apologize for my past behavior and hopefully get a fresh start. I would still love to try rebuilding a relationship with you, Fen.

I want to get to know Killer too. And I want you to be involved with my kids, if that’s something you’d like to do. I heard you stopped by the lodge and played with Seal the other day. She won’t stop talking about her Auntie Curse…

Meerkat wasn’t entirely sure she’d said the right things, though hopefully the message was pretty clear: she definitely wanted a do-over. She reached out to touch Fennec lightly on the shoulder, her way of hoping to convey sincerity since she couldn’t hold her sister’s gaze.

I love that song!

I assumed Meerkat would hear about this interaction in some capacity but I can remove that mention if you would prefer. :)
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
I don't wanna be sober - by Fennec - April 30, 2023, 12:53 PM
RE: I don't wanna be sober - by Meerkat - April 30, 2023, 02:29 PM
RE: I don't wanna be sober - by Fennec - April 30, 2023, 02:52 PM
RE: I don't wanna be sober - by Meerkat - May 01, 2023, 08:42 AM
RE: I don't wanna be sober - by Fennec - May 01, 2023, 12:18 PM
RE: I don't wanna be sober - by Meerkat - May 01, 2023, 01:20 PM
RE: I don't wanna be sober - by Fennec - May 01, 2023, 01:47 PM
RE: I don't wanna be sober - by Meerkat - May 01, 2023, 01:59 PM
RE: I don't wanna be sober - by Fennec - May 01, 2023, 02:11 PM
RE: I don't wanna be sober - by Meerkat - May 01, 2023, 02:21 PM
RE: I don't wanna be sober - by Fennec - May 01, 2023, 04:10 PM