Wheeling Gull Isle sour handover
666 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Medic
Missionary
“I forget sometimes,” she said and it was as if Dinah had taken a knife, shoved it in his gut and twisted it.

Trying to ignore how horrible her words made him feel, Caracal held her close and continued drying her. He didn’t say anything, afraid he would begin bawling himself if he tried. His movements were gentle and loving, a physical manifestation of his desire to be a good dad.

She was only a little kid, he reminded himself between passes of his tongue through her wet fur. Dinah didn’t know what she was saying and she couldn’t understand how hard he was trying. She probably couldn’t make sense of her feelings after all the changes lately, so it simply manifested this way. Caracal couldn’t blame her for feeling upset—he missed when it was just the six of them too—but it still hurt him that his little girl doubted his love.

Do you know what the word ‘faith’ means, Dinah? he asked quietly, the storm ebbing into a steady rainfall.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
sour handover - by Caracal - July 04, 2023, 08:14 PM
RE: sour handover - by Dinah - July 04, 2023, 08:59 PM
RE: sour handover - by Caracal - July 04, 2023, 09:15 PM
RE: sour handover - by Dinah - July 04, 2023, 10:16 PM
RE: sour handover - by Caracal - July 04, 2023, 10:44 PM
RE: sour handover - by Dinah - July 04, 2023, 11:21 PM
RE: sour handover - by Caracal - July 05, 2023, 08:28 AM
RE: sour handover - by Dinah - July 05, 2023, 10:19 AM
RE: sour handover - by Caracal - July 05, 2023, 10:28 AM
RE: sour handover - by Dinah - July 05, 2023, 08:28 PM
RE: sour handover - by Caracal - July 05, 2023, 09:08 PM