Stone Circle when to consider change
Loner
540 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Joining 
Looking to potentially join! @Valette, maybe?
Nervousness flitted across the girl’s features—an open book, heart and mind, Meadow tilted her youthful muzzle back, silver fur glinting in the sun of the summer as she released a hesitant song, beckoning for the leadership of the pack for their presence.

As her song faded, the she-wolf shifted her paws from side to side, her eyes gleaming before she forced herself to take a humble seat, her muzzle bowed as she waited at the borders of a pack unknown to her—but one she hoped to investigate further. Her family scattered, Meadow held no desire to return to the willows and Elysium. Instead, she hoped to find something new—someone she could learn from, and a pack she could truly grow in.

Somehow, her youth had felt robbed of such a thing.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Sorry for the wait!! <3 <3

Valette lifted her head when a song sounded through the air. The female was not familiar with the voice and wondered who it might be. It sounded female to her. The matriarch trotted to the borders at a quick pace. It didn't take her too long to reach the borders however, reaching the exact location took her a bit longer. At first glance, the female looked nervous.

Valette greeted her with a kind smile as she stopped before her. "You called?," she offered. "I'm Valette, the matriarch of Easthollow," she introduced before she let the other female introduce herself. Valette was normally not the toughest on strangers if they were respectful and this female seemed to be doing that.
Follow your heart, listen to your inner voice, stop caring about what others think.
545 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Steph was not too far behind her mother, her tail swaying a bit at her hocks as her gaze went from Valette, to the stranger at the border. She came to a stop beside the Matriarch, her head at Valette's shoulder. If Steph knew nothing else, she knew respect to the ranks, regardless of how much of a family they were. And they were. I'm Steph, Valette's daughter, she added before quieting down, leaving out her own rank. Steph did not plan to stay where she was at long, as she was eager to become second in charge once more.

The female before them seemed respectful, thankfully. Steph was quiet as Valette asked the questions, and her ears perked, waiting to hear the answers.
The soul that sees beauty may sometimes walk alone ~Geothe
Sunny is allowed in all threads, open or private, created by Steph
patron saint
are we all lost like you?
253 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
Cameo, unless otherwise addressed!

His sister was not the only one with leadership on their mind, although his objective in attending the howl was much different than her own. Merrit knew it would be many years before he would gain the wisdom his mother and older sister shared in leading a pack. He was hardly out of childhood himself, hardly one learned enough to carry the mantle of Patriarch upon his shoulders, let alone, his mother’s second. Yet if he wished to learn, he reasoned there was no better time than now, and who better to learn from than the women who had led Easthollow when he had been a youth?

So to find both Steph and Valette intercepting the stranger pleased the Raven, and he approached the trio with a soundless advance, and settled just behind them. The Wolf was a stranger in every sense of the word. He recognized neither scent nor hair of the girl, and he wondered what sort of business she wished to make with Easthollow.
with quiet words I'll lead you in
Loner
540 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Sorry for the delayed response! Trying to get a feel for this girl. Also received your PM, Valette, and totally fine by me, timeline-wise.
The kind smile of the woman that drew closer to her was soothing—a regal she-wolf of dark fur and average build. She did not seem imposing, as some Alpha’s did to the naive girl, and her eyes trailed over the matriarch with a rising wave of relief.

Until the others arrived. Two others filtered in behind the one named Valette, and Meadow’s ears pinned back to her skull, her dominative form sinking even lower as she felt the overwhelming presence of so many unknown to her. A male and a female—yet only the other she-wolf spoke. Neither were unkind, but with three wolves staring her down, Meadow could not help but quake slightly with her nerves.

“I… um. Hi,” she finally managed, her bright eyes darting up momentarily before quickly squaring back to her paws once more. “My name is Meadow and I was hoping to learn more about your pack?”
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
<3

Valette soon heard two other wolves approach behind her. The mother didn't need to look around to know who was approaching. She knew them from birth and how their approach sounded. "Nice to meet you, Meadow," Valette spoke calmly. She noticed that the female looked a little tense and perhaps intimidated by the three of them. Then she was lucky Greyback wasn't here as well.

"This is Easthollow. We are a family based pack and our ranks reflect as such. I am the leader, the matriarch. Everyone else in the pack belongs to the family or the newcomers rank." They did have some specializations but that was perhaps too much detail. "Once you have proven loyalty and made some friends you will be part of our Easthollow family," she explained. "Our territory consists mostly out of plains but we claim part of a forest as well. In the heart of our territory is a Stone circle with great importance to us. We hunt mostly bison."
Loner
540 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Sorry for skipping Steph, I wanted to wrap this up. <3 Thanks for the thread!
The other two remained quiet as she exchanged words with Valette, who was nothing but gracious. And yet despite the promising idea of the pack and what place she could earn in it, the rust-masked dove found her muzzle tipping lower and lower until she thanked the dark woman, apologizing and placing her honest heart out in the open: she needed more time to consider what to do before promising her allegiance to anyone just yet.

After her interlude, she found her paws weaving their way to the mountain, and a certain willowy paradise.