Sleepy Fox Hollow Where I thought I knew it all before I knew what love was
2 / 3 THREADS
1,022 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
Guardian
What she wished to happen? When had Wylla ever known what she wanted? She could think back to dozens, nay, hundreds of instances where she thought she knew what she wanted only for the opposite to be more alluring. She wanted to erase Mahler's feelings from her mind, and at the same time, intrigue was already working its talons into her. To what lengths would she go to determine if he meant it for real, and to what lengths would he to prove it? It wasn't incorrect to say the promise of affection and attention alone was alluring to Wylla, regardless of never feeling that way about Mahler herself.

That was all assuming he even wanted to prove it, and she took for granted that he must. She could think of no reason for him to open that door otherwise; he could easily have lied and said anything else, but he chose to confess. She was also arrogant enough to know she was pretty awesome, so in spite of her doubt and shame and confusion, she took for granted that loving her then meant he still did now. And now that it was out in the open, she couldn't help dwelling on it, but it wasn't like she could (or would) outright say she was interested in seeing what came of it. How far would he pursue her now that she knew, and would she let him catch her if he did, or were his feelings destined to remain unrequited?

She'd sat still for too long, waited too long to respond. She shook her head wryly and shared, I came in search of my daughter. She is a wayfarer like her damned father before her, and with her went my home. So she supposed she knew how he felt, and was equally flattered and terrified to know he'd once considered her, alone, some sort of hearth for himself. I am lost without her, which wasn't something she would ever tell Tiercel herself, but for this one day she would allow Mahler these glimpses into her heart. Come the morrow she might be back to her usual guarded, thorny self, after all.

I hoped to find her at the coast or in the forest by the creek, but naturally, she was not there. So I search in hopes of seeing her again, making sure she's well, pain in my ass that she is. In the meantime ... Trailing off, Wylla stood and turned to face him, doing her best to keep all of the conflict and turmoil she felt on the inside from touching her fierce features. I don't know what I wish for. This was all unexpected and ... unwanted, but it wasn't strictly true now that the initial shock was gone. It made her egotistical. She wished many things at once, now, summed up with just a helpless shrug: To know you better, to take it all back, to know myself, to return to old days, to redo everything, to search far and wide for my child, to rest my weary paws somewhere that truly feels like home, if that even exists.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Where I thought I knew it all before I knew what love was - by Wylla - December 08, 2019, 01:54 AM