Sawtooth Spire honigzeit
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
All Welcome 
maybe @Ainhoa but aw!

midwifery was an interest that had followed mahler from childhood. there was another in sagtannet with the same skills, and mahler sought her out, padding along a deer-trail that wended worn along the side of the mountain valley.
[Image: 2711649b07fc604164cb120b1b417fa3cf47bccc_00.gif]
42 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Ainhoa quietly tended to her duties. She'd kept to herself; efficient but lonely was the midwife, as she strolled through the territory's heart. The distant frame of Mahler caught her attention almost immediately. She fell into slight submission as she chirped her response, walking toward him but standing just out of reach.
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
her display was given an approving wave of plume as the man drew closer. "ainhoa. i hope the day finds you vell." a pause for her to respond and then "i have come to speak with you as a midvife."
42 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Bezalako, Ainhoa breathed. She settled into a seat and curled her tail around her paws, quietly kneading the fur while Mahler spoke. Wylla had been clear about her positon — Mahler is the midwife — which Noa had assumed was shared between all of the Eisen. Of course, she was no longer a Thrall; perhaps that had played a part in her summons? What do you need? the midwife asked, wondering if a new task had arisen.
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
"very soon, vylla vill give birth. i —" and it occurred to him that the charcoal she-wolf would not appreciate his tellings of her personal goings-on, " — i vant to ... vould like ... to know your methods of helping vith the ... um." he paused.
it was so different to speak of such matters, he found, when it was in regards to his own children.
"if the father is rather large, so to speak, and the mother small, it can cause more difficulty, as you know, and i am not sure vhat to do in such a situation." ah yes, yes, better to admit ignorance than give further detail.
42 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Ainhoa was surprised. The Eisen had been painted as a master of midwifery, someone with enough guidance to birth the entire pack. And yet, he'd come to his subordinate for assistance. She thought that it was an expression of humility, a rare and respectable trait to be found in any man.

Listening to the question, her concern began to grow. Yes; it can cause, uh, complications. The birthing canal was an interesting place; though it could expand much larger than one might imagine, it did have its limits. This is mostly about how big the babies are. If they are like the mother, it is not problem.

If they are like the father, sometimes she might bring them early. Ainhoa remembered the young woman — too young, too young — who she had once served. The children could not pass easily, and as a result, all were lost. Sometimes, this is good. How long until she has them? If there was enough time left, she might propose Wylla's labor be induced.
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
"it vill be any moment," mahler answered wearily. his body was not tired, but his anxious mind had kept him awake for some time. suppose wylla got into trouble during her whelping, but was too proud to call for help? somehow the gargoyle felt he must trust her, her body, her instincts. this was not the first time she had brought forth life.
"are there ..." he cleared his throat, "vays the belly might be manipulated to help if there is a complication?" mahler was avoiding the truth of such issues at that moment in childbirth, for there was but one somber outcome most often.