Sun Mote Copse some people are just born to fight, i think
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,945 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Force of habit made her expect a verbal response, though she quickly realized he would demonstrate instead. She paid close attention as Savaktuk broke a twig, then made a print in the mud. At first, she didn't quite follow. Why was he doing these things? Then it dawned on her that he was showing her the traces the deer would leave behind. When he did speak, it surprised a loud snort out of her.

-Gotcha!- she signed before repeating it and explaining, -"Gotcha!"- Hopefully her own basic translation would make sense. Meerkat then fell silent again, turning her attention to look for spoor. Once she knew what to look for, it seemed she saw signs everywhere. It was like adding an entirely new dimension to an already pluridimensional world.

She was so caught up in the task itself that when the game trail led them to a mother and two fawns grazing in a clearing, Meerkat let out a surprised noise that immediately sent them fleeing. She blinked and stared after the startled deer, then looked around to catch Savaktuk's eye. She should probably feel bad for promptly scaring off their prey, though it wasn't like the two of them could've really tried their hand.

-We did it!- she signed, eyes bright, body wiggling. She didn't bother with a direct translation, certain her face and body would express it well enough. -"Can we head back now? I wanna tell my dad about it!"- she added after a moment, swiveling and beginning the trek home, presumably with Savuktuk tailing her.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
RE: some people are just born to fight, i think - by Meerkat - August 13, 2020, 12:29 PM