Whitefish River intro
523 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Guardian
All Welcome 
Dated August 20th
Please let @Desdemona post first!

They had happened upon Kaistleoki by chance—catching wind of their borders as they navigated the hot springs. The decision to visit the was unanimous, and they re-set their course to travel to the pack's southeast borders. 

Even with the gloom and the steady rain, Osiris found beauty in the territory. From what he could see, the river-surrounded region would be a pleasant place to live; he could understand why a pack settled here. He watched at Desdemona's side, wondering if somebody would happen upon them. When it seemed as though they wouldn't be in luck, he glanced at his co-guard with a silent inquiry: ready? Once the message was received, he tipped his head back and howled—requesting the company of an authority figure within the pack.
Delta
grind me down
495 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Guardian
Away
They ventured onto the next pack after discussing with Neverwinter. Of course there was breaks inbetween, as the two needed rest, but they didn't stay with the Packs, and instead simply moved on, and slept elsewhere. On a constant move, and by coincidence, came upon another one. Desdemona wasn't sure what their name was, but suppose now was the time they would find out.

She looked back at Osiris, a similar thought line. A pleasant to live, it was always a plus to claim territory with a fruitful water-supply, but with this rain.. She wondered if anything happen. Though the two would find out, as she followed onto his howl, and requested for someone to answer.
lift me higher, let me look at the sun
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Two weeks had passed since the incident. Two weeks spent laying helpless as her limbs betrayed her. The only information Ira had to go off of was the word of bypassers and of course Speedy who had been tending to her wounds. Supposedly she and another were indirectly struck by a surge that struck the ground during the never-ending rain.

Perhaps it was still too early for her to be walking, but laying around was never something the Count was good at. Each step her muscles screamed and ached. Her first attempt at walking sent her to the floor with the grace of a newborn, but slowly she was beginning to find her feet again. Getting anywhere took time and the rain only slowed her down more.

@Speedy had slipped out to tend to other matters, perhaps her kids or just in search of more herbs allowing Ira to wander away from the healer's den without any complaints. Luck would be it that the roan woman was already lingering near the borders when the call sounded. It would still take some time for Ira to pinpoint the location of their visitors, but eventually, she would make it. Soaked, muddied and scarred, fresh burns traveling up her side where singed fur remained.

There was no denying she looked like a mess, but the Count kept her head raised, more so when she detected Moonspear's scent. A chill ran down the woman's spine as she neared, golden eyes shifting over both visitors before addressing them, You're awfully far from your mountain. It wasn't meant in jest, Ira knew the mountain kingdom kept to their mountain in isolation. Though given what happened with Speedy, she couldn't help but be partially on edge, wondering if now was the time they had chosen to seek her out.

There was no way to prove that, however, and until otherwise suggested, she would need to treat them as any other visitor. What brings Amekaze's people here?
#DAA520 , pawprintIra's Playlist  3/20*, * = incomplete threads
523 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Guardian
I ... somehow didn't realize that it was my turn. Sorry for the wait!

Osiris observed as Ira approached, realizing that something was off. The wolf that greeted them was frankly a mess; her coat, mud-caked and askew, with fresh burns and signed hairs. He glanced at Desdemona with concern, ready to run if needed. "We are," Osiris answered, watching her carefully. 

Just as he was about to explain the reason for their visit, Ira mentioned Amekaze—the grandmother he had only heard of, but she still lived through stories that he had been told. He kept his composure, despite the sudden pang in his heart. "Amekaze was my grandmother—she died before I was born," he said, taking ownership of reporting the news—this was information about his family, after all. "My parents lead Moonspear now, Hydra and Dirge," It was strange that there were individuals that didn't know of Hydra's reign; he had assumed it was common knowledge. 

"We are here on a mission," Osiris revealed then, clearing his throat. "I'm Osiris, and this is Desdemona—," he introduced, motioning to his co-guard, "We're tracking the rains, and wondering how other packs are holding up with the weather." From what he could see, Kaistleoki had not been spared.
Delta
grind me down
495 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Guardian
Away
oops short

A silver heiress arrived, immediately assumed to be the Alpha on how cooly she held herself. Desdemona did not know who this 'Amekaze was,' barely knowing the mountains history before Hydra came to rule. Though Osiris, smoothly replied back, giving information to herself as well, and introducing who they were, and what they were doing. There wasn't too much to add.

"We seek how far this weather goes."
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
all good lol it wasn't a long wait

It was hard to tell, but there might have been surprise there. Maybe these wolves did not expect her to know of Moonspear, after all, Moonspear did not know of Kaistleoki. Unfortunately, it seemed much had occurred atop their mountain since her last visit. I see, I am sorry. Hydra was strong though, that was apparent through their meeting. Surely the pack would flourish all the same. I am sure Hydra has met her mother's mark. She is a very capable wolf.

Eyes shifted between the two as she was given their names. They were here on a mission, and for a split second, her heart dropped...but the words that followed were harmless. They were not here for Speedy, perhaps they were even unaware of what crimes she had committed. The rain— yes it's been here for quite some time now. I had not realized how far it traveled. Kaistleoki still remains strong— though I suppose I should have introduced my people sooner. I am Ira, Count of these lands.
523 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Guardian

Osiris acknowledged Ira's remark with an appreciative bob of his head; Hydra was the most capable wolf he had ever met—he aspired to be just like her. 

Kaistleoki's Count addressed their questions, and Osiris listened carefully. Like Neverwinter, Kaisteoki remained strong despite the unprecedented weather. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Ira," he replied once she introduced herself. "And thank you for letting us know— it helps." Their stop here seemed like it would be brief, and Osiris was already thinking of their next destination. 

"We aren't very familiar with this region," he began. "Do you know of any packs in the area? Is there anybody we should watch out for as we continue eastward?" After Simmik's warning, Osiris thought it would be wise to gather insight from each pack they visited for the sake of their safety.
Delta
grind me down
495 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Guardian
Away
"Hydra is a strong leader." And so was the one before her, that Desdemona correctly assumed she was a leader. Though instead of 'Alpha,' she used the word 'Count,' to which she was not familiar with. She was used to the greek-style, especially with the name Alpha, everything else seemed unfamiliar and odd.

Generally, the guard was silent on the matter. She thought briefly if they should mention the Saints, but one never really knows who is allied. They seemed peaceful, but who could say what was underneath? Desdemona was unusually guarded, but suppose it has been some time since she left the spire, and was hesitant on who to trust to be 'good.'
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Of course, She had no reason to hide information unless it pertained to Speedy of course, but these two were not here for her. She'd rather be seen as cooperative with the queen of the mountain than a pest who defies her for as long as possible.

East?Luckily east was area she had explored most. Yes, I do know of some. The Count glanced towards the mountains that towered in the distance, their allies were closest, then Easthollow. Reneian Empire. They're our sister pack in the vale of the mountain. Beyond that is my Father's pack, Easthollow. Both are friendly and would be happy to speak with you. Unfortunately, she was not sure how closely the dangers may lay. Last she heard, the Saints had moved from Ravensblood forest, but beyond that their whereabouts were unknown.

There was a pack here not long ago, the Saints of the Dying Light. A troublesome group full of savages and scoundrels. We pushed them away from our territory with the aid of other nearby packs, though I am unsure where they ended up. Little did she know they had actually moved closer, but that would be a problem for another day.
523 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Guardian
The Reneian Empire was a pack that Osiris was unfamiliar with—but he nodded, acknowledging the information. Ira then mentioned Easthollow, and mentioned that her father was the leader—did that mean that she knew Leta? After all, Leta had mentioned that her parents were Easthollow's leaders... 

For now, he kept his thoughts to himself, and instead offered, "That is good to know, thank you—I believe Easthollow was our next stop." Osiris looked at Desdemona, seeking confirmation 

The Saints seemed to have garnered quite the reputation— Ira was the third individual to list the pack off by name. "We were told that they went to the mountains," he supplied, motioning towards the Sunspire mountain range with his snout. "Although we don't exactly know where they settled, we were told to use extreme caution on that leg of our journey."
Delta
grind me down
495 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Guardian
Away
"Perhaps we should visit them on our way back," Desdemona said to Osiris. She agreed their next stop was Easthollow, and avoid the mountains from whatever creatures lurked around. Though it seems they could not avoid forever as others laid in the monsters den, and as current co-guards on a mission for the Moonspear, they would need to seek them out.

"What kind of issues have they been causing?" She asked curiously, wanting to know what exactly may have to face one day. They knew only tidbits, but perhaps the count could share of different adventures that that group has done.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
The mountains? She prayed she might have heard the boy wrong, that would suggest that they only moved closer to Kaistleoki, perhaps next to Reneian Empire. She might have to send a scout or two to see just where they ended up, but given the silence she would mark that lower on the priority list. I see...that sounds troubling.

The Saints are dangerous, or at least their leader is. He has accounts of kidnapping and violating a woman as well as harming others. His mate also follows in his savage ways by violating borders and attacking pack wolves near claimed lands. Be wary of the names Donovan and Nemisis. Kaistleoki had been lucky to avoid being directly in the wake, but the stories were enough to make her warry. She didn't want that man anywhere near her land or her children.
523 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Guardian
Osiris nodded in agreement with Desdemona's suggestion. "Yeah," he replied. "It would be beneficial to familiarize ourselves with them." Especially with their relationship with both Kaistleoki and Easthollow. Moonspear could only benefit from well-established relationships. 

Ira's mention of The Saints had been the third consecutive mention of the pack by name. To say that it was concerning was an understatement—Donovan's pack was a threat to be reckoned with. "Thank you," he said, genuinely.
Delta
grind me down
495 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Guardian
Away
Desdemona furrowed her brows further, being rather disgusted to what was said. They would best look out for his followers as well, as if anyone who followed someone of that.. Menace, surely were the same repulsiveness. She couldn't understand how such a man created a pack, but then again, it sounded a bit similar to her homeland.

Power was everything, after all. Even if she disliked such a notion, it was a truth.

"We will watch out."
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
last post from me! feel free to archive or reply

Luckily they took her words, the last thing these lands needed were more victims to the Saints. Moonspear laid far though and under powerful leadership, if anything, it would be a mistake on the Saints side to fuck with the kingdom. Why, if they resided in these mountains instead, she could only wonder how different life would be. I am happy to assist. If that is all your questioning I wish you both the best on your travels. I have other duties I must attend to. Providing there was nothing else, she'd offer a bow of her head before moving along with the day.
523 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Guardian
"No, thank you," Osiris replied, bowing his head to Ira. Now that their visit to Kaistleoki was complete, they set off eastward towards the Sunspire mountain-range. Unlike the last legs of their journey, the co-guards would approach the mountains with the utmost caution, knowing that The Saints were nearby.